[SOLVED] Computer won’t open BIOS screen on startup

Apr 13, 2020
Earlier today I downloaded software for a new gaming headset that I got and the software required that I restart my computer. After my computer booted back up, it’s been stuck on the pre-bios screen. The screen says “Please press DEL or F2 to enter UEFI BIOS setting.” Pressing those buttons on my keyboard does not do anything. I know the keyboard is still working because the RGB is lighting up whenever I press a button. I can’t get past this screen no matter what I press. I have restarted the computer a couple times and I’ve changed the USB port for the keyboard, but nothing seems to help. What can I do to get past this screen? Thank you!

Solution
Sounds like either a screw up on the BIOS (unlikely to happen because of a software though) or your drive/Windows getting screwed up (more likely, and even though most BIOSes would greet you with a "Boot device not found" some, especially the old ones just keep at that BIOS screen), or something else in between. I assume that nothing happened like a storm or a power outage while you were rebooting. Along side with rocktalkrock's advice, if it's a laptop and you have a recovery button like Novo button on Lenovo, press it. Also if there are any other signs (let it be beeps, weird text in the corners, mobo leds etc) look out for them. If you are able to (by any means) get to the boot menu by some recovery button or a keyboard button try to...

howtobeironic

Honorable
Jun 16, 2018
Sounds like either a screw up on the BIOS (unlikely to happen because of a software though) or your drive/Windows getting screwed up (more likely, and even though most BIOSes would greet you with a "Boot device not found" some, especially the old ones just keep at that BIOS screen), or something else in between. I assume that nothing happened like a storm or a power outage while you were rebooting. Along side with rocktalkrock's advice, if it's a laptop and you have a recovery button like Novo button on Lenovo, press it. Also if there are any other signs (let it be beeps, weird text in the corners, mobo leds etc) look out for them. If you are able to (by any means) get to the boot menu by some recovery button or a keyboard button try to enter boot priority and boot from the Windows disk. It should tell the actual error if it's the drive's fault. Alternatively you might try a bootable disk like Ubuntu to see if it boots.

Solution