Question Computer won’t post please help!!

Kyriim

Reputable
Oct 12, 2019
stick with 1 thread. don't spam the forum
Just built my computer, how windows on it, went into bios to change my mobo rgb lighting and seen that my ram wasn’t at the correct speed so I changed it, saved and exited bios, then I restarted my pc and it goes off and on in a loop and the fans, rgb lights and everything is on it won’t display or anything, no beeps or anything I’m stuck I’ve tried everything I knew how like the cmos battery and reset it please help

Kyriim

Reputable
Oct 12, 2019
Asrock steel legend, I changed my ram speed and now my pc won’t post, I’ve tried resetting the cmos battery by taking it out and jumping it, I’m lost at what to do right now, it will not reset, do I need to buy new one? Please any help would be greatly appreciated

Kyriim

Reputable
Oct 12, 2019
Asrock steel legend, I changed my ram speed and now my pc won’t post, I’ve tried resetting the cmos battery by taking it out and jumping it, I’m lost at what to do right now, it will not reset, do I need to buy new one? Please any help would be greatly appreciated

it was working fine before I changed the ram speed from 2133 to 3200
I’ve tried resetting the mobo from the jumper and removing the cmos battery, I’ve tried everything I knew how
I’ve tried each stick by it’s self and no ram
No beeps at all,
I’ve unplugged everything from the mobo and still nothing
When resetting the battery the RGB colors I set for the mobo are still there so is the cmos battery even resetting it? Or is the ram completely dead

Kyriim

Reputable
Oct 12, 2019
you have to unplug the power of the power supply before resetting the CMOS. After resetting, set back the jumper to the default position and power on again

Which exact Asrock steel legend do you use?
It’s the b450m, it only has the two pin jumper
I’ve unplugged the power supply before doing so
I touched the pins with a paper clip and still nothing, left the battery out for 10 mins still nothing,
Tried each ram stick by its self still nothing
The motherboard speaker isn’t beeping at all, but the rgb settings I put on the board are still there even after taking the battery out and everything, so it’s not resetting correct?
do you think the rams dead?

Kyriim

Reputable
Oct 12, 2019
Changed ram speed in brand new build
Computer won’t post now
Everything in the pc will power on lights and fans rgb on mobo everything but it will not display and it goes on and off about every 15 seconds and it’s stuck in that loop until I turn the pc off by holding the button

power on and wait for couple of minutes, eventually the system will check the memory while powering on and off itself a view times

check all connections within the system

the RAM should be placed in Dimm slots A2 and B2 for dual channel or if only one is installed, in slot A2

Kyriim

Reputable
Oct 12, 2019
power on and wait for couple of minutes, eventually the system will check the memory while powering on and off itself a view times

check all connections within the system

the RAM should be placed in Dimm slots A2 and B2 for dual channel or if only one is installed, in slot A2
I’ve tried everything I could, I sent it back while I still had time, not sure if they’ll replace or not.
But it wouldn’t reset the bios no matter what I did.