[SOLVED] Computer won’t post. Won’t even go to bios

Dec 23, 2020
i9-10900k
rtx3080 gigabyte Aorus master
Corsair vengeance rgb pro 2x16 3600mhz

The whole computer turns on and then everything turns off except the lights on the ram and the motherboard are still on. If I push the power button the ram lights might turn off(the mobo lights stay on) and if I push the power button again it might try to turn on again(not always the case). I tried my brothers working ram and working gfx card but still same result. The light codes go from CPU to dram to vga back to cpu and immediately turns off into the state I mentioned before. I have no idea what to do unless it’s a bad mobo or cpu. If any suggestions let me know. Oh it was working fine for about a month before this happened yesterday I shut down my pc and when I went to turn it on again it didn’t want to turn on again. Thanks for any help.

Solution
-Everything's basically brand new, except the power supply(5 years old, and past the warranty).
-It was 'stable' for about a month.
-Swapping ram didn't work.
-Swapping gpu's didn't work.
-Running without a gpu installed didn't work.
-Resetting CMOS didn't work.
-Replacing motherboard didn't work.
-Replacing cpu didn't work.
-Disabling Turbo Boost didn't work.
-Checked for bent/broken pins: none present.
:unsure:

1)Over-tightened the cpu cooler, which is entirely possible with certain models.
2)The psu is really short lived after the warranty period. [Kinda grasping at straws on this one.]
3)You really wore the psu out if you played around with OC'ing a lot with the previous build.

That's all I got.
Dec 23, 2020
Have you overclocked anything (CPU, GPU, memory)?

Have you tried resetting the BIOS to its default state?
I unplugged the power and took out cmos for about 5 min. I didn’t overclock the CPU but I unlocked the cores and I did overclock the gfx card but that was with software.

Dec 23, 2020
I checked to see if any bent pins or if I put too much thermal paste everything seemed perfect. Then it just turned on after reseating the CPU so idk it’s working now 😩😁

Dec 23, 2020
So I replaced the mother board cpu and ram and the problem persists please if this has happened to anyone let me know of anything I can do. I feel like the graphics card is getting too hot and it heats up the mobo or something. I can’t think of anything please help. I have everything running on normal, no over clock now and it still shut off playing satisfactory. Just turns off no blue screen nothing. Help

Dec 23, 2020
Ever tried turning it on with the gpu removed?
Yes still same thing it eventually turns on but only after moving things around I tried just leaving it over night once and it didn’t turn on the next day either (thinking it might just be heat ). And I’ve also used my brothers graphics card on it same thing

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Great unit at the time, the OEM is Seasonic, but the warranty period was only 5 years... huh, kinda short for a platinum unit. :unsure:
Did you play around with overclocking much while you used it? There exists the possibility you wore it out faster if you did.

it eventually turns on but only after moving things around
I had similar experiences recently, but my system would soft freeze under gpu-based loads. Apps like Prime95 and Cinebench wouldn't do anything.
Wrestling around with the psu cables seemed to fix it, though I changed out the psu anyway. 11 days in, and nothing's happened so far.

Dec 23, 2020
Great unit at the time, the OEM is Seasonic, but the warranty period was only 5 years... huh, kinda short for a platinum unit. :unsure:
Did you play around with overclocking much while you used it? There exists the possibility you wore it out faster if you did.

I had similar experiences recently, but my system would soft freeze under gpu-based loads. Apps like Prime95 and Cinebench wouldn't do anything.
Wrestling around with the psu cables seemed to fix it, though I changed out the psu anyway. 11 days in, and nothing's happened so far.
I’ve never tried over clocking the psu I’ve never heard of that unless you mean the cpu and gpu then yes but only unlocking the cores and the gpu only slightly. But they are brand new parts. If you had similar problems then maybe I’ll try the psu I just don’t see what else it could be but at the same time idk why it doesn’t want to turn on at all at times(The motherboard lights stay on though)

Dec 23, 2020
No, I meant overclocking the cpu/gpu.

Ok, so EVERYTHING is brand new.

Umm, what do you mean by 'unlocking the cores'? The 10900K is already 'unlocked'.
Setting all the cores to “turbo” clocks but I forgot what the option is called. Although I turned even that off after this last time I was able to boot it up since this morning. But it still just turned off on me. And I was also running the gpu on stock

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
-Everything's basically brand new, except the power supply(5 years old, and past the warranty).

1)Over-tightened the cpu cooler, which is entirely possible with certain models.
2)The psu is really short lived after the warranty period. [Kinda grasping at straws on this one.]
3)You really wore the psu out if you played around with OC'ing a lot with the previous build.

That's all I got.

Solution
Dec 23, 2020

That's all I got.
Yea i have another PSU coming by Thursday I will update when I install. It is a 1000w g3 by evgA