Question Computer won’t turn on

May 23, 2019
Hey there, last night I was trying to get my disk drive to be discovered after a move so I went into the case to unplug then replug the cables in. I put everything back, turned it on, and now it won’t boot past the BIOS screen. I can’t even do anything on the BIOS. If I turn the system off, then hit the power button again nothing happens. It only turns back on if I turn the psu off, unplug it, put everything back then press power. I tried resetting the CMOS but that didn’t work.

ASROCK B250m-HDV
EVGA 1060 6GB
I5-7500
Corsair 600w PSU
16 GB Ripjaw RAM
1TB Hitachi 7200 rpm

When you unplugged the cables, did you unplug the power button, power light and HDD light etc ones. These are the ones that come from the front of you case, and all plug in together on the motherboard. If you did, you might have plugged them in the wrong ways. I'd suggest looking at the manual for your motherboard and case if this is the problem, so that you know how to plug them in properly

May 23, 2019
Neither stick worked better than the other. Both just boot to BIOS then I have no control except to turn it off. Then it still won’t power back on until I unplug it then replug it

Ok, do you have access to a spare PSU capable of testing the system, or know someone who has one you can borrow? You might want to try that out.
Alternatively, by visually inspecting the motherboard, do any of the capacitors look bad? (The capacitors are the cylindrical things). You are looking for slanted ones, leaks or crusty bits, or ones that are building on top (they should the perfectly flat, so if there is a little "hill" on top of them, it is probably, not definitely, bad).

Yes but it would be interesting to see what happens when you do it from a point where the pc is already on.
Also just to confirm, the only change you made was to the disk drive. You didn't take the CPU out right? The next thing I'd suggest is to take the HDD/SSD out, as well as the disk drive. Also, take one of the sticks of RAM out and the GPU, just plug the monitor straight into the motherboard. Then, clear the CMOS, then turn it on.

May 23, 2019
Thank you for all your help! I was so worried that I’d accidentally discharged static on something expensive and important when I was jiggling the disk drive wires. Drive still isn’t being recognized but I’m not gonna screw with it again 😂

May 23, 2019
I think it might be a dead drive. It happened last time I moved from my dorm as well. The carts they give us to move everything shake like hell and when I got home for Christmas break, the laser wouldn’t read so I replaced it with this cannibalized one from an old pc. This is the first time I’ve tried to use the drive since I moved back for the summer so I’m guessing it’s the same issue.