Computer wont boost

Nick_88

Commendable
May 30, 2016
Hello everyone, so I took my RAM out because my friend wanted to take a picture of it, install them back in and got no display. I decided to check the internet for solution and most pointed me to take out the cmos battery and reinstall it. So I did just that and now the monitor is connected but the pc won't start, the screen start up with the logos then flash a black screen with the mouse cursor then goes into another a black screen with nothing, can't even open safe mode.

I'm using Windows 10

Solution
Oh, I am sorry, I just read that "the screen start up with the logos then flash a black screen with the mouse cursor then goes into another a black screen with nothing"

So, It does POST, but doesn't boot properly.

You stuck at a black screen with cursor right? Try hit CTRL+ALT+DEL and start task manager. Then, File -> Run -> "explorer.exe".
Try that.

tecnic08

Commendable
May 30, 2016
First, it's "boot" not "boost".

The problem is pretty common. First, take out the RAM and use an eraser (yes, the thing that you use to erase pencil trace) and carefully erase the RAM contact (the golden connector on the RAM). Then, put it back, but make sure all the erase dust are cleared from the ram use brush or you shirt to dust it off NOT YOUR HAND. And try to boot again.

Tell me if it work or not.

tecnic08

Commendable
May 30, 2016
Oh, I am sorry, I just read that "the screen start up with the logos then flash a black screen with the mouse cursor then goes into another a black screen with nothing"

So, It does POST, but doesn't boot properly.

You stuck at a black screen with cursor right? Try hit CTRL+ALT+DEL and start task manager. Then, File -> Run -> "explorer.exe".
Try that.

Solution

tecnic08

Commendable
May 30, 2016
Check your connection of the harddrive, maybe it became loose. Try to disconnect all other drives in your system first, left alone only the boot drive.
Also, try going into bios setting and see that the boot drive is correct. The drive that you install windows on should be on top of the list for legacy boot and Windows Boot Manager should be on top of the list for UEFI boot.

Nick_88

Commendable
May 30, 2016
The bios menu only comes on for about half a second then goes straight to the black screen. I tried tapping the key to get to the menu but that didn't work. Hardrvive is fine

tecnic08

Commendable
May 30, 2016
Wow, that's pretty weird.
Try clearing CMOS again.
I have heard a case that the some PC froze in BIOS or even just went black like that with a faulty CPU or broken CPU pin. However, before you remove the RAM it runs fine right? and you didn't touch the CPU. My best bet would be try to swap out the ram with other one.

Latest posts