Question Computer wont boot after enabling XMP Profile

Feb 17, 2019
I am hoping this will be an easy fix. I am running an Aorus Z390 Master, I9 9900K, 32MB DDR4 RGB RAM 3200MHz by Aorus, and an Aorus Geforce RTX 2080 Xtreme Waterforce GPU. Waterblock is an EX - Supremacy MX

Before completing my custom loop, everything worked perfectly.

After installing the water-block, completing the loop and utilizing the GPU - I couldn't boot. Error codes were cycling through C codes and landing on 4C before finally landing on C1 where it sits for about 2 minutes finally shutting down and starting the cycle again. Of course the codes have no definition in the book and I've not been able to locate their meanings elsewhere.

I tried another power-supply with same result.

I removed all the RAM but one stick and it booted.

I used that RAM in every slot and it booted.

I test all other RAM in the same way... it booted.

If I tried more than 1 stick of RAM, problem presented again. I tried both channels 1 and 2.

After research, I found that tightening the back plate too tight for the water-block has been known to cause this, so I tore the loop completely down. While it was down I reinstalled the original back plate and put the air cooler on along with all the RAM and it booted just fine.

I then reinstalled the back plate again taking care to only snug the back plate and water-block.

I now have use of all 4 modules of RAM with the loop intact; however, If I enable the XMP profile.... the same problem and codes described above returns.

I am at a loss.

I've done all the obvious: check the voltage profile, bios firmware, clear CMOS, ect.

Does anyone have any ideas on the next steps I should take?

I have also noticed that the EZ OC options in the BIOS now say something along the lines of Not Supported

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2019
I figured it out. I had pins on the motherboard for the CPU that were somehow damaged. Warrantied the motherboard and it is working perfectly. 11772 validated on CDMark and I haven't even started any serious overclocking. I AM EXCITED!!!!