Question Computer won't boot after replacing GPU

Feb 18, 2022
Hi all, I have a Thermal Lake Reactor 380 running on AMD Ryzer 5800X and just recently took out the NVidia 3080 that comes with it to replace it with the NVidia 3090. However after I was done, the system no longer boots up. Initial lights in the line in/line out/mic holes, but after clicking start it just wouldnt boot up. No fans, not lights and no sounds. What should I do to troubleshoot?

Dec 16, 2021
Hi all, I have a Thermal Lake Reactor 380 running on AMD Ryzer 5800X and just recently took out the NVidia 3080 that comes with it to replace it with the NVidia 3090. However after I was done, the system no longer boots up. Initial lights in the line in/line out/mic holes, but after clicking start it just wouldnt boot up. No fans, not lights and no sounds. What should I do to troubleshoot?
You can try removing the CMOS battery. Another trick is to drain the energy left in the capacitors. All that you do with the power cord unplugged is you hold down the power switch for about 10-20sec and you should even see your fans spin for less than a second and then turn off.

Also can you provide us with the model of your PSU?

Feb 18, 2022

First, I'd like you to try checking the cables.
Secondly Try Reseating the GPU Card.
if both doesnt work, If you still have the old gpu try booting it up if it works, there might be an issue with your new GPU.
also if you could provide us the complete specs/model we'd appreciate it. It may be because of low power too

Feb 18, 2022
Thanks everyone, here are the specs and listing of the pc on Amazon. I did try to put the old GPU back in, but it won't boot up with the old GPU either...

Thermaltake Reactor 380 Liquid-Cooled PC (AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, RTX 3080, 16GB RGB 3600Mhz DDR4 RGB ToughRAM, Seagate FireCuda 520 NVMe 1TB, WiFi, Win 10 Home) Gaming Desktop Computer TW1B-B550-R38-LCS

https://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-...x=thermaltake+reactor+380,aps,324&sr=8-1&th=1

Feb 18, 2022
You can try removing the CMOS battery. Another trick is to drain the energy left in the capacitors. All that you do with the power cord unplugged is you hold down the power switch for about 10-20sec and you should even see your fans spin for less than a second and then turn off.

Also can you provide us with the model of your PSU?

On the PSU is written "Thermal Lake. Toughpower GF1 850W P/N TW15-B550-R38-LCS".

Feb 18, 2022
Thanks everyone, here are the specs and listing of the pc on Amazon. I did try to put the old GPU back in, but it won't boot up with the old GPU either...

Thermaltake Reactor 380 Liquid-Cooled PC (AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, RTX 3080, 16GB RGB 3600Mhz DDR4 RGB ToughRAM, Seagate FireCuda 520 NVMe 1TB, WiFi, Win 10 Home) Gaming Desktop Computer TW1B-B550-R38-LCS

https://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-Liquid-Cooled-ToughRAM-Computer-TW1B-B550-R38-LCS/dp/B093K2P2HQ/ref=sr_1_1?crid=28FADKRJKKQSP&keywords=thermaltake+reactor+380&qid=1645251537&sprefix=thermaltake+reactor+380,aps,324&sr=8-1&th=1

Seeing that the old gpu also do not work and your psu is morethan capable of handling the load, I guess it is safe to assume that it would probably a board issue, Have you tried r3zenix's method? if it does not work,

Does your motherboard have built in Video? if it does try removing the graphics card and boot up the pc. Use that built in to check if your pc is booting up.
If it does : Grab an eraser, Clean the gold pins of your videocards carefully with an eraser, Wipe it off with a clean cotton cloth, making sure that you don't get any eraser residue anywhere.

If it Doesn't: Do the same above in all your memory sticks, then see if it would boot up again.

also if you have a blower for cpu, you can use it to clean your board and the PCI-E slot. You can also grab a Flat-Tip Screw driver and insert it carefully to PCI-E slot and slowly swipe it up and down carefully to clean any blockage or dirt inside the slot. If you have a speaker in your motherboard try telling us what you hear in it when it boots up. It should be able to tell us if its a GPU or a Memory Error.