[SOLVED] Computer won't boot and can't access bios with ssd installed

Jul 16, 2019
Computer will not boot and cannot access the bios/uefi with ssd containing windows installed, it just hangs on the asrock logo screen. However, it is able to access the bios once the ssd is unplugged (but a ssd and hdd without windows is still plugged in). Is this an issue with the ssd or windows and is it possible to recover it?

Solution
Computer will not boot and cannot access the bios/uefi with ssd containing windows installed, it just hangs on the asrock logo screen. However, it is able to access the bios once the ssd is unplugged (but a ssd and hdd without windows is still plugged in). Is this an issue with the ssd or windows and is it possible to recover it?
Sooner sounds like an SSD issue if nothing was changed, and then suddenly this starts occurring.
What SSD is it, how old is it, is it still under warranty?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Sooner sounds like an SSD issue if nothing was changed, and then suddenly this starts occurring.
What SSD is it, how old is it, is it still under warranty?

Reactions: Metaljack28
Solution
Jul 16, 2019
Its like a year old adata 480 gb ssd, I believe its still under warranty. I tried swapping the sata ports and cables to no avail, it still stays stuck at the asrock logo. However once I remove it, i am able to acess the bios. Im assuming the data will prob be lost if its rma'd?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Its like a year old adata 480 gb ssd, I believe its still under warranty. I tried swapping the sata ports and cables to no avail, it still stays stuck at the asrock logo. However once I remove it, i am able to acess the bios. Im assuming the data will prob be lost if its rma'd?
Yes it will unless you have a way to back it up in the first place (such as a docking station).
Are you able to try the SSD in another machine?