Computer won't boot... Help!

Jakob Munk

Reputable
Mar 29, 2015
Hello.

My Acer Predator suddenly died today, I tried booting it again. It went through with the acer logo, then the startup repair / normal start up screen. I tried normal start up, the only thing that happens is that it restarts. I tried startup repair, nothing happened. I tried looking through latest reset checkpoint to launch, they're gone. I tried to reinstalize windows, didn't do anything.

Please, if anyone have any advise, post it.

Jakob Munk

Reputable
Mar 29, 2015

What is CMOS?

Yes.

No.

Jakob Munk

Reputable
Mar 29, 2015

I don't know where I should press f8, but I can get into the bios setup utility by pressing delete.

p_nut_uk

Reputable
Oct 28, 2014
Restore the bios to defaults although ideally you should clear the BIOS, a simple way to do this is power off the PC and unplug from the wall, open up your PC and remove the battery on the motherboard, ground yourself before touching any components, placing bare skin on the chassis is a good way.

Then reseat the battery that should have cleared the BIOS

As soon as you start the PC just keep tapping F8 until a boot menu appears.

Jakob Munk

Reputable
Mar 29, 2015

Is it necesary to open the computer? I tried doing something in the BIOS, but I'm not an expert in computers. It didn't really take me much further, I get a screen asking what OS I wanted to boot with, I took windows 7, it restarted...

Jakob Munk

Reputable
Mar 29, 2015

Couldn't find it, I'm gonna give it a break. I've been trying to fix it for 9 hours straight, with no result.

TRENDING THREADS