Computer wont boot or post or what ever HELP

olliesimmonds

Honorable
Aug 16, 2013
So i have build my first PC put everything together watched videos and stuff all seems to be in working order. apart from when i go to turn on the pc nothing happens at all no fans no sound no anything. I have used the other toms hardware advise including this link http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems?_ga=1.109650119.334930643.1468232643

Everything is compatible i have tried changing ram and stuff like like. the only time i get a sign of power is when i turn on a light comes on on my graphics card. the power supply is plenty big enough for the system.
But nothing seems to be happening please help.

Solution
it could either be a defective part like dunlop0078 suggested, or depending on the watts of your power supply and what you're trying to run, it could just be too weak. Pcpartpicker has a good tool for estimating what your power usage would be like so you can buy the appropriate power supply. Depends also on the quality of power supply (bronze, silver, gold, etc.) due to amount of actual power output rather than the number thats on the box. if it is a defective part though, simply RMA if possible.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
If you carefully performed every step in that checklist you linked you likely have a defective part, not much I can tell you to do thats not on that list. Do you have a bios speaker to get any beep codes it might be throwing or does your motherbaord have an LED readout to display error codes?

Ib2gr84u2c

Reputable
Aug 21, 2015
it could either be a defective part like dunlop0078 suggested, or depending on the watts of your power supply and what you're trying to run, it could just be too weak. Pcpartpicker has a good tool for estimating what your power usage would be like so you can buy the appropriate power supply. Depends also on the quality of power supply (bronze, silver, gold, etc.) due to amount of actual power output rather than the number thats on the box. if it is a defective part though, simply RMA if possible.

Solution