Question Computer won't boot past BIOS after RAM install ?

Feb 14, 2021
Hi everyone

I was wondering if anyone could help me, I've encountered a problem and I'm at my wits end (I'm guessing most of us have been there..)

My system;

Intel i9 10900F
Motherboard B460M-A-PRO
SSD 480gb
2 TB SATA III HD

It came with 16gb 3000mhz JM3200HLG-8G (x2) RAM

I swapped this out with a dual pack of;
Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4-RAM 3600 MHz 2x 16 GB - schwarz - CMK32GX4M2D3600C18

The computer when turned on now boots to UEFI but I can't get it past that point. My initial thought was to just re-input the old RAM and investigate the problem but with no success, even with the old RAM it just boots to UEFI.

I'm certain the RAM is inserted correctly as UEFI recognises both - the 16gb and 32gb when installed.

Things I've tried;

Re-inserting the old RAM. Boots to UEFI regardless now.

Resetting the CMOS - I removed the battery and reset it. Still just boots to UEFI.

Boot to Windows on USB stick - it did do this, I went into repair and selected Troubleshoot, then StartUp Repair - it helpfully told me there was no problem.

Anyone else come across this problem? Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

Feb 14, 2021
Disconnect the HDD from motherboard and try again.

Why 3600 MT/s ram in a board that doesn't support over 2933 with the i9?

It's a poor board for a cpu than can consume over 200w

I'm trying it with another SSD instead to see if it's windows on the original SSD. But if that comes back the same I'll remove the HDD.

As for the speed - I just figured it would run at 2933?

I am massively getting the feeling the board is not adequate though, you're right.

Thanks for your help.

Feb 14, 2021
Disconnect the HDD from motherboard and try again.

Why 3600 MT/s ram in a board that doesn't support over 2933 with the i9?

It's a poor board for a cpu than can consume over 200w

I've removed the HDD and replaced the SSD - still same result. I'm almost thinking it's not recognising the SSD as a boot option..