[SOLVED] Computer won't boot past black screen with dash

Aug 13, 2020
Hey, I've been having this problem since I built my computer 6 months ago. Whenever I go to boot up my computer, it will show a black screen with a single white dash at the upper left middle. I can't access the BIOS from this screen and it's stuck there unless I cut power to the computer completely. I would like to be able to reboot my computer without having to get on my hands and knees and pull the plug every time. I have an ASUS ROG Strix x470-F motherboard and I just did a BIOS update to see if it would fix that and it didnt. I'm also running a Ryzen 5 3600x, Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000, RTX2070S on Windows 10

Solution
What you see is when windows exits but the motherboard bios was not able to shut down the computer and power supply. Could be a driver. Usually logged as BIOS_ACPI failure (plug'n'play bios issue). Could run Msconfig to see what else is running that won't quit. Disable devices/drivers in Device Manager.
Aug 10, 2020
What you see is when windows exits but the motherboard bios was not able to shut down the computer and power supply. Could be a driver. Usually logged as BIOS_ACPI failure (plug'n'play bios issue). Could run Msconfig to see what else is running that won't quit. Disable devices/drivers in Device Manager.

Solution