computer wont boot properly after accidentaly turning the power bar off

Tegemor

Commendable
Apr 2, 2016
I was playing a game on my comp, when my cat stepped on the power bar button turning it off. Now when i boot up my comp (win 10) all it does is sit on the blue load screen (not of death) as if it's going to show me the background and allow me to log in. It does not. However i can press Ctr+alt+del ONCE to get it to show a mock login screen, which has only the 3 buttons on the bottom left (wifi, easy access and power). the login profile and text slot are both gone. My comp beeps, the fans turn on, the display works fine, i can access BIOS. I have tried unplugging the cord and holding the power button, taking out the RAM, and disconnecting the MB. Please help.

Solution

I did manage to fix it by using a USB with win10 recovery on it. I ended up reformatting the whole pc, as there were several other difficulties. Probably not the best fix, but honestly I won't miss anything as I mostly did online gaming lol. Thanks for answering.

whitemanwii

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2011
Oddly enough, I have had Windows get corrupted over an improper shut down... one time the power went out, came back on, went to turn on my PC and it said the boot manager was missing... thankfully i have a repair disc and it just fixes the problem, if you have a Windows 10 .... disc? (sorry I don't use Windows 10 so I don't remember if they ever came in discs) or USB or w/e you can try running a repair and seeing if that fixes the problem.

Tegemor

Commendable
Apr 2, 2016

I did manage to fix it by using a USB with win10 recovery on it. I ended up reformatting the whole pc, as there were several other difficulties. Probably not the best fix, but honestly I won't miss anything as I mostly did online gaming lol. Thanks for answering.

Solution

Colif

Win 11 Master

seems their hybrid start up isn't as sturdy as it needs to be. It saves half your files in ram, but I would have thought it smart enough to keep the OS files on the HDDD and not in ram. The only problem I have received from turning pc on after unplugging it was a slower start up, but now i have latest drivers that no longer happens.

you can make your own installer: so I just use that as a recovery disc.. I should make a recovery disc just to see what it offers, if only i had a spare usb.