Computer won't boot (tried everything)

Hayden3155

Prominent
Aug 3, 2017
Hi everyone,

New here and my first time posting. I stumbled across what I believed to be a sticky thread (on his site) for things to try when your computer won't start with 5 beeps and still can't my pc to boot.

Background
PC is around 5 years old. About 7 months ago I moved everything into a new case with a new PSU. Worked fine. Now I am upgrading and I have shifted everything back into the original case with the original power supply (non modular). Before I made the shift it worked all good.

What I have tried

• Disconnecting and reconnecting psu and all plugs.
    Removing ram and installing again
    Removed CPU fan and CPU and reinstalled
    Motherboard sits on top of those golden screws to stop from shorting (if my understanding is correct)

Feels like I am running out of ideas. I don't think the CPU is fried, my guess is either I'm missing something or have incorrectly connected something from the PSU.

Any help is much appreciated :)

Solution
is it 5 short beeps? This is a process failure ( The CPU has detected an undetectable error) .

5 Beeps: Processor failure

Explanation: The system processor is generating an error condition indicating a problem with it.

Diagnosis: There is a problem related to the processor or motherboard. Note that this doesn't mean that the processor is necessarily dead; with a dead processor the system won't boot at all (it runs the BIOS code that is used to start up the PC.)

source: http://www.pcguide.com/ts/x/sys/beep/amiB5-c.html

So you must troubleshoot your cpu and if it is not at fault you should your motherboard.Did you check for any bent pins at cpu?

slyverine

Reputable
Mar 4, 2016
is it 5 short beeps? This is a process failure ( The CPU has detected an undetectable error) .

5 Beeps: Processor failure

Explanation: The system processor is generating an error condition indicating a problem with it.

Diagnosis: There is a problem related to the processor or motherboard. Note that this doesn't mean that the processor is necessarily dead; with a dead processor the system won't boot at all (it runs the BIOS code that is used to start up the PC.)

source: http://www.pcguide.com/ts/x/sys/beep/amiB5-c.html

So you must troubleshoot your cpu and if it is not at fault you should your motherboard.Did you check for any bent pins at cpu?

Solution