Question Computer won't boot with new RAM cards.

Sep 11, 2020
I bought new RAM cards for my computer. The first pair didn't work, so I compared them with the ones my computer came with; the new ones were 3000MHz, and the old were 2400MHz. So I returned the 3000 ones, and ordered new 16gb (2x8gb) 2400MHz ones from Corsair. No matter what I do, the computer will turn, the hard drive will make its usual slight noise of booting up, the fans will spin, lights will come on... but no keyboard, mouse, or monitor. And then the computer will quickly shut back off, and continue doing this over and over again until I turn it off again and put the old RAM cards back in.

Sep 11, 2020
Please list full system specs.
JhlhRNx.png

Sep 11, 2020
Please list (old and new) exact RAM module models. It's usually printed on a little sticker on the RAM modules. Also list your exact motherboard model and make sure you have the latest BIOS installed.
Apologies for the late reply, been quite busy lately.
The old ram cards are the XPG X1 DDR4 2400 MHz (PC4 19200) 8GB (2x4GB). My motherboard only has two RAM card slots.
My new cards are the Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 2400 MHz C16s.
My motherboard I believe is the Gigabyte Technology H110M-S2H-CF according to command prompt.
I do need to update my BIOS however, years outdated.

Sep 11, 2020
Definitely update your BIOS and let us know how it goes.
I'm having some trouble updating my BIOS. I tried downloading the tool from Gigabyte they said to use to update the BIOS for their motherboards (I made sure it was okay with my specific model) but it just plain flat out won't download. I click the link and nothing happens. A thinking cursor appears for maybe a full second at most, but no download begins. Tried disabling all my browser extensions including ad and popup blockers, still didn't work. I'm at a dead end.

Sep 11, 2020
Seems like an issue with your browser/system/network. I am able to download the BIOS from here just fine - https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/GA-H110M-S2H-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios

(double check that this is the correct motherboard model, of course)
I can't find anything with the "CF" that cmd gives me for finding my Motherboard, so it appears to be the correct motherboard (the one you listed in the link.) I can download the ZIP containing the BIOS just fine, but installing it is the issue I'm having. I don't really know how to do that, never done it before, and trying to follow Gigabyte's instructions is... difficult, as the program they reccomend to mount the new BIOS into the motherboard won't download as mentioned above.