Computer won't boot with the Ram in the proper slots, how do I fix this?

DarkRayne17

Honorable
Oct 10, 2013
I have just built a new computer for work and I am having some issues with the ram, and possibly the cpu.

Build:
msi B450M Bazooka
Amd Ryzen 3 2200G
Ballistix Sport LT Red 4GB DDR4-2400 UDIMM *2
Crucial MX500 M.2 Sata SSD
Evga 450 BT
Windows 10 Home 64

At first whenever I tried to boot up the computer, no signal would carry over to the monitor and the CPU light would stay on. This motherboard has a metal plate in the back that the fan screws into, the plate is loose and I realized that one of the fan screws wasn't in all the way. I took the motherboard out, reinstalled the cpu fan and boom, it boots up. So i start installing windows 10 and it freezes at 42%. When I tried to restart it it wouldn't recieve signal again, and this time the CPU and the RAM lights were lit. After some trouble shooting I realized that if I switched the Ram sticks around it would boot up. So I carried on, installed windows 10, and went about installing all needed drivers and updates. It's worth noting that my motherboard came with a disk for the drivers, but I don't have an optical drive (I had a budget for the pc and it didn't fit it. :/ ). All drivers were installed from the internet.

Despite all of this, I still had the same problem with the ram, I figured out that I only had to take one stick out and reinsert it in order to boot up. Very simple and quick but still frustrating. My motherboard has four ram slots 1234, the motherboard and manual say to put the ram in slots 2 and 4 first. To boot up I would remove and reinsert the stick in slot 2. Even though i could get it to boot up, it would still freeze every time I turned it on. So i would repeat, and continue troubleshooting. The last time it froze the screen went crazy, and when I tried to turn it on, the CPU light would stay on and the computer would turn on for a few seconds and then cut itself off and repeat (just fans and lights, no signal to monitor) and it would just continue to do this until i turned it off.

To get it booted up again, I took the ram out of slot 4 and kept one stick in slot 2 and it worked. I used it for a bit and then restarted with the other stick of ram in slot 2 (i switched them to see if it was the ram or not.). Again it booted up. So I updated my bios to the current version hoping that would solve the problem, and tried booting with both sticks in slots 2 and 4, same issue. Just cycles over and over again with the CPU light on, but this time after it cycled about 5-7 times it quit cycling and the ram light came on with the cpu light and just stayed there. Right now I am typing this with both sticks of ram in slots 1 and 3. The computer tells me before booting that I am using non-optimized slots and it shows me where I need to put them properly so I know they are supposed to be in their original placement. I don't really know where to go from here.

What Ive done:
-Clean install of windows 10
-Fully update everything (including windows and BIOS)
-Moved Ram sticks around and determined that the Ram sticks are not faulty(I think)
-Unplugged everything and plugged it back in
What I know
-Boots on one stick of ram or with ram in wrong slots
-No freezes since I started using wrong slots, wrote all of this in current session.
-Computer is brand new, built it 5 days ago.
-I used techbuyersguru's $500 dollar office pc build, and I checked compatibility myself before just ordering the parts. I used pcpartpicker.com for this and did a little research of my own.
-I have built and been upgrading my own gaming computer at home, so I am somewhat familiar with the process. In other words: I wasn't a complete amateur when building this PC (Despite the cpu fan, which I cringed awfully at. Forgive me)

Anyone have any advice or know how I can proceed?

DarkRayne17

Honorable
Oct 10, 2013

So this listing on amazon is basically selling 2 single sticks as an "8gb Kit"?
https://www.amazon.com/Ballistix-Sport-4GBx2-PC4-19200-288-Pin/dp/B06XJ8V229/ref=as_li_ss_tl?creativeASIN=B06XJ8V229&imprToken=z0glPd4CUGz4IOKAa7-aWQ&slotNum=2&s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1541462268&sr=1-1-fkmr0&keywords=ballistix+sport+lt+2x8GB+DDR4-2666&th=1&linkCode=w61&tag=thtebusgu-20&linkId=ed0885ac4ce0c0eab94ed79f8a7aff8d&language=en_US

DarkRayne17

Honorable
Oct 10, 2013
Even if the sticks are singles, they are the same exact stick, not different brands or anything, and both are 4gb running at the same Mhz, so they should operate together fine right?

UPDATE: I called Crucial and made sure that the 2 4gb sticks would work together, they said they are completely compatible, they told me it sounds like there may be a problem with the #4 slot on the motherboard.