Computer won't display at 4K on TV

Nihren

Distinguished
May 19, 2016
I recently tried to use my LG OLED B6A as a 4K monitor, mainly to watch any 4K streams from the Electronics Entertainment Expo. I plugged my computer into the TV using an HDMI 2.0 cable, however, when I check my computers resolution setting on the TV, it recommends 1080p, though it allows up to native 4K. Except that when I select 4K as my display resolution, the screen goes black, remains black for a couple seconds before going to the TV's screensaver telling me there's no signal, and then comes back with the resolution setting still at 1080p. I'm assuming that, when the screen is black, there's a prompt from my computer that I can't see asking me if I want to keep the resolution, and then when the timer runs out, it reverts to 1080p. But since I can't see anything, I can't hit the "keep" button. Testing it at resolutions below 1080p works just fine, the prompt shows up and I let it revert, but anything above 1080p results in the TV losing the signal until the resolution reverts to 1080p.

I don't suppose anyone here can help me figure this out?