shaneblack123

Commendable
Feb 18, 2018
hey was wondering if any of you can help me?
i have a pc that turns on perfectly all the light on the mobo turns on, gpu lights on,cpu lights on. the problem is that the pc will not turn off when powered on, nothing on the monitor shows up (monitor works been tested), no lights on keyboard or mouse ( works been tested), usbs work as i was able to charge my phone through it.
tried using cpu graphics nothing happened just the same. changed hdmi cables still nothing. changed plug sockets nothing. changed power cables same outcome turns on doesnt switch off but doesnt power keyboard monitor or mouse. yes the computer is old but nothing like this has happened before except once but a hard power off and on fixed it for a few months. i have unplugged ram and replugged ram still nothing, fan lights are on and working aswell

PC SPECS:
GTX 960 strix 4gb
16gb ram ddr3
thermal take 350 psu
amd fx 8350 cpu
h110m asus motherboard
curved samsung 1080p 60hz monitor

everything has been working perfect since christmas time. due to the coronavirus i am very limited for stuff to replace. this is also my little sisters computer so getting it back up and running in this period or time is also very essential.
any insight is a massive help

Solution
That is a very low end board, not well suited to that CPU. FX 8350 is a very power hungry CPU, and that board's power delivery is not well suited for it. That board does have it's own integrated graphics, though. You can pull out the GTX 960, and then hook your monitor up to the motherboard.

shaneblack123

Commendable
Feb 18, 2018
You are right everything is working. not sure what are you asking.
i thought i explained it in good detail but that is okay i shall try go more indepth if possible.
when pc is turned on via the power switch on the pc case, all GPU, CPU, PSU, fan,motherboard lights turn on. CPU,GPU and other fans all power on and start to spin. the pc then does not power off by the power switch on the case. the monitor does not show an image. the mouse and keyboard lights do not turn on. i have tested the monitor and mouse and keyboard on my own pc and it is fully function. i have also used different cables to see if that was the problem such as psu cable and hdmi cable it makes no change. before yesterday everything was working completely fine it all started happening after it was turned off via the switch on the wall socket whilst everything was powered on.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
It seems as if your CPU doesn't have it's own on board graphics. I cannot recall if they did motherboards for that with the "built in" graphics or not. With that said, plugging into the mobo output for video wouldn't net anything in any condition.

We could guess that, as stated, your PSU could be bad, and perhaps the GPU could be bad. It could be a completely unrelated failure.

If you have other parts available in the house you could utilize them to troubleshoot.

Reactions: shaneblack123

shaneblack123

Commendable
Feb 18, 2018
It seems as if your CPU doesn't have it's own on board graphics. I cannot recall if they did motherboards for that with the "built in" graphics or not. With that said, plugging into the mobo output for video wouldn't net anything in any condition.

We could guess that, as stated, your PSU could be bad, and perhaps the GPU could be bad. It could be a completely unrelated failure.

If you have other parts available in the house you could utilize them to troubleshoot.
the cpu does not have onboard graphics and sadly i dont have other parts to trouble shoot. the outcome is im gonna have to pay an extortionate amount for a pc shops overpricing maintenance.
thank you to everyone that has contributed but sadly everything that has been suggested to me isnt sorting it

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
the outcome is im gonna have to pay an extortionate amount for a pc shops overpricing maintenance

Well, perhaps so, maybe not.

I certainly wouldn't drop this on the counter at Geek Squad and give them an open ticket to fix it. Locally I have a couple of mom and pop shops. One of them, in particular, only charges a very minimal fee for a troubleshoot and has been very reasonable for repairs for which they will forward the troubleshoot fee to if you follow through.

Even at that you have to decide what point would be worthwhile or not. You could build a new/used $300 system that would be better in many ways. R5 1600, cheap B350 board, used RAM, used 570/80....

Djsi

Reputable
May 20, 2019
Keyboard and mouse not lighting up.this is a clue I think that means windows is not booting up.Does it seem like windows is booting,but just not displaying?like is their a hard drive activity light blinking indicating windows is booting?

On a side note I have the same board,and if I don't turn my monitor off and back on again before booting from a completely off position position,I get no display.

shaneblack123

Commendable
Feb 18, 2018
Keyboard and mouse not lighting up.this is a clue I think that means windows is not booting up.Does it seem like windows is booting,but just not displaying?like is their a hard drive activity light blinking indicating windows is booting?

On a side note I have the same board,and if I don't turn my monitor off and back on again before booting from a completely off position position,I get no display.
as im aware yes there is i would have to double check

logainofhades

Titan
That is a very low end board, not well suited to that CPU. FX 8350 is a very power hungry CPU, and that board's power delivery is not well suited for it. That board does have it's own integrated graphics, though. You can pull out the GTX 960, and then hook your monitor up to the motherboard.

Reactions: punkncat
Solution