Computer won't find my graphics card. Any Help?

AFellow_Gamer

Reputable
Jun 1, 2014
My card (Radeon 6570) is a simple upgrade from my old radeon 3000 (yeesh, I know). Yet there are problems I have encountered.

First, When connecting the DVI cable to the card, I do not get a display on my monitor, having to plug it back to the motherboard.

Second, when finding my graphics card, I cannot find it. I have downloaded the drivers for it, but alas, it is not there (could be with the first problem).

I also have problems blue screening when downloading the drivers, but it only happens when downloading the audio files (If I skip, it goes well, no blue screen).

Some info: My power supply is a 250w, and I heard that the graphics card I have needs at minimum 400w. Is that a factor or the cause for my problems? I have thoroughly cleaned the card and the slot, and making sure it is put in correctly.

And this is my first time installing a graphics card, along with doing any real technical stuff with a computer. It would be really appreciated if you could give a simple, not technical answer for me to follow. At least to the best of your abilities.

anyways, thanks for your time

dvs_xerxes

Honorable
Sep 7, 2013
if you have to plug your monitor to your motherboard to get a display after installing your video card, then you have to check the bios to see if you can disable the on board video or have it initialize the pci-e card first. As for the blue screen, what did it say? usually there are error messages that go with it.

The 6570 card is an lower end card that doesn't require a higher wattage psu and should be fine with a 250w psu.