Computer won't get past BIOS after installing gtx 760!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuroraHD

Honorable
Feb 18, 2014
Hi everyone! I'm very new to this forum and computer building. So, recently I bought an asus gtx 760 OC and a 700 watt power supply. I have an msi G55 motherboard with an amd a8 3850 apu. So I plugged in everything, gpu shows green light, and turned on the computer. The monitor screen shows light black with a b2 code at bottom right and a "_" flashing at the top left. It beeped once, then after 30-60 seconds, it beeped again. All short beeps. After second beep, it brought me to another black screen without b2 code. What exactly am I doing wrong? I've snooped around forums and read I had to update my bios, (which I have no clue on how to do) and I had to set my bios to use pcie main graphics to pcie and not onboard graphics(which I also do not know how to do). And I have tried using my computer with my new psu without gpu, started everything fine.

killerswit2013

Honorable
Dec 19, 2013
Hi.
1) Remove the graphics card from the motherboard.
2) Go to msi website and search for ur motherboard.
3) Go to support or downlaod drivers section
4) Download latest Bios from there and check the procedure on how to install the Bios update provided on msi website.
5) Boot ur system check if it works.
6) uninstall any previously installed graphics drivers whether intel or amd or nvidia.
7) Shutdown ur system and place the graphics card in the motherboard.
8) Boot ur system and install latest drivers from nvidia website.
i hope everything works. Otherwise post the results again. And also please tell me the full name of ur motherboard model not just G55 ok...

jupiter39

Reputable
Mar 25, 2014
Had the same problem with Windows 7 on the Cupertino2 mobo and GTX 760.

Fond a solution by accident. I dont know whether step 1 or 2 are essintial, but since I had performed them before they are included here:

1: Upgrade the HP bios from v7.14 to v7.16. I have done it with no GPU in the PCIe slot. Used the mobos VGA connector for the screen.
2: Delete all Nvidia files and drivers incl. registry.
3: Build in the GTX760. Make sure both the 8 and the 6 connectors cable from the PSU (600W) is connected to the graphic card.
4: Switch on the PC. As soon as the Bios screen is coming up press F12
5: New black screen with white letters and some information on configuration. At the lower right side it should show "Network Boot".
6: Wait 1 minute. There come 2 beeps with about 1/2 minutes interval.
7: Some 15 seconds after the second beep press "ESC" and keep on pressing. After some seconds some rapid cracking sound from the PC. Dont let it disturb you. Keep on pressing "ESC".
8: After the third beep the screen gets black and a white cursor blinking on the upper left. But: Keep on pressing "ESC" with no interruption.
9: After some seconds again a new screen appears with some information in DOS style. Here you can stop pressing "ESC".
10: Again black screen a few seconds, and then: Voila! Windows 7 is starting.

I dont know why its working, but it does for me. No new mobo needed :)

AuroraHD

Honorable
Feb 18, 2014

Well, firstly try going into bios and set graphics adapter to PCIE or PEG. Save and exit. If that doesn't work, you may have to update your bios. You have to be CAREFUL and take your time. If you don't want to risk breaking anything just RMA to your manufacturer. That's what I did. They helped me flash to the latest bios version and my card worked! Very surprised and happy when it happened

Status
Not open for further replies.