computer wont go past boot

wreynolds55

Commendable
May 6, 2016
"dvd/cd is detected. press enter to boot from the dvd/cd. pressed within 5 seconds, the sysyem will boot from next priority
something. boot:
local disk...

connect proper boot device
media in slected boot device and press a key ( this comes up when i dont press enter within 5 secs)" when i do press enter within 5 secs this comes up " this is a free software and comes with absolutely no can redistrivute it and/or modify it under the terms of the public license as published by the free software foundation; 2, or (at your option) any later version.
1, chs = 0-1-1, start =0mb, size 31mb
something table- drive 01 sector 0
something table - drive 01 sector 0
( it switches between drive 01 and 02 for a little bit)
.84- pre 2 xms_setup [aug 28 2006 00:29:00
something support on commands and navigation
freeDOS
FreeDOS( http://www.freedos.org)"
i have no idea what to do when this pops up, this is a first time build as well as a brand new build so i havent got any where past this

Solution
looks like its trying to boot into freedos you have nothing in your cd drive ??
Check bios and see what available boot options you have if hard drive does not appear it might be broken.

you are trying to put an operating system on it right ?? with windows cd? ( or linux)

wreynolds55

Commendable
May 6, 2016

the cd is in, and several drives appear, yes im trying to put an iperating system on it via windows cd

Ok then in bios make sure cd drive is the 1st boot option selected where you inserted the windows cd.

wreynolds55

Commendable
May 6, 2016

ive done that several times and with either the cd or hard drives ive still come to the same conclusion

Are you sure the CD contains windows ??? try it in a different computer see what it contains.
Iv encounter people burning an iso image to the cd as in the cd contains the .iso file but its suppose to contain all the files not the actual .iso.

wreynolds55

Commendable
May 6, 2016

on the cd it says z170 series
intel z170 chipset support dvd
(left side) asus in search of incredible, windows 10 ready
(right side) multi language
(bottom) support windows 10

this is the dvd that comes with the motherboard, so is it the windows 10 cd or something else

No that is NOT windows lol you need to buy it or just put linux if you want it free.

wreynolds55

Commendable
May 6, 2016

*face palm* would i be able to use it from another computer like run it with that one to give it windows 10 or download windows 10 to a usb and use that

You can get the .iso file on microsoft site and yes you can put it on USB for install as far as licensing you cannot use it from different computer unless it was a retail copy of windows that you bought i believe the standard win10 will give you like 30 days to try it out before you need to buy it.

If you are a college student you can get it free or pretty cheap from dreamspark

Solution