[SOLVED] Computer wont let me access bios goes to bsod

Oct 18, 2021
When i start up the computer it turns on but doesnt immediatly show video signal. It wont let me access bios or safe mode. After about 2 mins of what it seems like it is doing nothing. It goes to bsod and displays Video TDR failure code... sometimes it doesnt even do that it just sits on with no video signal... any ideas on what is going on?

Solution
When i start up the computer it turns on but doesnt immediatly show video signal. It wont let me access bios or safe mode. After about 2 mins of what it seems like it is doing nothing. It goes to bsod and displays Video TDR failure code... sometimes it doesnt even do that it just sits on with no video signal... any ideas on what is going on?
Those are two separate but possibly connected problems.
Accessing BIOS is one, OS (Windows and drivers) are inactive during POST time in BIOS.Only after successful POST in BIOS, Os and drivers start loading, graphic drivers among the first ones, BSOD at that time could be because of damaged GPU driver or by damaged GPU itself.
Your first goal is to be able to enter BIOS. Suggest you reset...
Accessing BIOS is one, OS (Windows and drivers) are inactive during POST time in BIOS.Only after successful POST in BIOS, Os and drivers start loading, graphic drivers among the first ones, BSOD at that time could be because of damaged GPU driver or by damaged GPU itself.
Your first goal is to be able to enter BIOS. Suggest you reset CMOS/BIOS first to factory defaults.
Listing your PC's parts would help to help you further.

Solution
Sounds like the GPU is dead. A Video TDR BSOD indicates the display driver has crashed and can not recover. Combine that with no video output during boot and you have a pretty good indication the GPU has failed.

Do you have any other GPU you can test with lying around?

Oct 18, 2021
Your first goal is to be able to enter BIOS. Suggest you reset CMOS/BIOS first to factory defaults.
Listing your PC's parts would help to help you further.
its an old junk computer i was trying to fix for a friend. AMD FX 6120 Radeon HD 7450 300 watt power supply. So yea it was junk from the day it was made...lol. I mostly figured like you guys that the video card is shot . I dont have a crappy gpu that would work with that old 300 watt power supply . I do have a old a8 7600 apu but i dont know if i want to deal with switching processors for this .

Oct 18, 2021
its an old junk computer i was trying to fix for a friend. AMD FX 6120 Radeon HD 7450 300 watt power supply. So yea it was junk from the day it was made...lol. I mostly figured like you guys that the video card is shot . I dont have a crappy gpu that would work with that old 300 watt power supply . I do have a old a8 7600 apu but i dont know if i want to deal with switching processors for this .
Nevermind the motherboard doesnt support onboard graphics...lol