Parts List:
  • MSI Gaming M7 Motherboard
  • Intel Core i5 6600k
  • Gigabyte 1060 Windforce OC 6 GB
  • 16gb DDR4 Ram
  • 1x Samsung SSD 750 EVO 250GB
  • 1x Seagate Barracuda HDD 2TB
  • Seasonic SS-660XP2 ATX 12V 660 Watts
Problem: This PC was built in 2016, and hasn't been upgraded since. This started happening about a month ago, but it finally hit its climax yesterday. For the past month, my PC has taken at least 5-10 minutes to get past the BIOS splash (Windows is installed on the SSD), and there was a weird clicking sound. I assumed it was the HDD going bad. The PC was also sometimes randomly rebooting itself. Then, yesterday, the PC rebooted and it was stuck on the splash screen, eventually going into a cycle of going into splashscreen -> wait about 5 minutes -> automatically reboot -> repeat.
What I've Done:
Eventually, an option came up to reset Windows (uninstall all programs) which I did. Still the same problem, so I took a loot inside the PC and noticed the GPU fan wasn't turning spinning. I took out the GPU and now it will load into Windows, but it's still taking about 5-10 minutes on BIOS screen. By the way, there was no artifacting, or any weird glitches that was GPU related prior to the big crash. With the GPU in, it won't load past BIOS (this still occurred after the reset which deleted NVIDA drivers).
So my questions are: Was it the GPU that was failing the whole time and causing all the reboots, or was it the PSU somehow going bad and it happens to fry the GPU? I read in another article that a faulty GPU won't cause a computer to randomly reboot, which was what my computer was doing. Also, the PC is still taking a horrendously long time to boot into Windows, even with the GPU out of the computer. I'm not sure if it's the PSU I should be worried about, or just simply the GPU dying on me. The fans on the GPU aren't spinning. Thank you for your help.

1) If the gpu fan does not work, which will cause the GPU overheat. And the gpu overheat will cause the pc reboot.

2) Because you had the 250GB SSD, if you can boot up the PC, check it to see the SSD is full or not, make sure it is not fill up, it should have at least 10% free space, otherwise the PC( SSD) will not work properly.

3) Keep in mind, you need to do the pc maintenance regularly. like cars. Clean up the drive, dusk inside the case, or on the cpu cooler, etc.

TRENDING THREADS