Question Computer Won't Post, Again

powerkiteman1

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2012
Hey Everyone,

I really need some help here. I have had my build for about a year now, no issues until the past two months. Back about a month ago I woke up one morning and the computer wouldn't boot or have any power at all. I went through some troubleshooting and replaced the PSU. Problem Solved. I get home today and go to boot up and I can't even get to the loading screen for the motherboard.

I have already gone through a basic list of tests to check all connections. All the lights on the case, ram, graphics card, cooler, as well as the fans, are running. I looked at the motherboard and see that the CPU led is lit red (occasional flicker) as well as the DRAM flickering (every few seconds it flashes very quickly when the CPU flashes... they alternate). I also am not getting any noises during boot.

Is it likely my CPU is dead? What else can I test here?

I have tested the following:
https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...ng-about-post-boot-no-video-problems.1285536/

Build:

Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro Wifi
Ryzen 5 2600x
EVGA 1070ti FTW 2
Sandisk SSD 240gb
Corsair RMX 750x
NZXT Kraken Water cooler (no leaks)
G.Skill Trident Z 3000mhz

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
step 17 what is the speaker saying?
if it was the CPU the speaker would be sending the bad CPU boot codes.
if you have a speaker try forcing a boot code. remove the RAM and try to boot the motherboard should beep the no RAM code.
if you cannot force a beep code in such a way it is my experience that the motherboard is dead.

powerkiteman1

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2012
that means the motherboard is working.
https://www.gigabyte.com/Support/FAQ/816
these are the codes and a single beep usually indicates the system passed the Power On Self Test or POST

So the motherboard is fine, does this indicate maybe the CPU?

Issue is that I can’t get it to give any signal when booting from either the MOBO or graphics card. I can’t even boot to bios if I tried. I did confirm that the monitor is working.

I also have the LED on my ram set to white, which it does once it boots. It’s staying in color right now.

powerkiteman1

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2012
I
do you have access to another computer for testing?
try the GPU in another system to make sure its functional. if the GPU test good that only leaves the ryzen.

I do not unfortunately. I did remove the GPU and hook straight to the motherboard to no avail. I have narrowed it down mainly to the CPU. But have no way to test it. I took it to a shop that has a spare Ryzen and will swap it out in the morning to try and diagnose. Hopefully they won’t charge.