Question Computer won't post - No LED light

Dec 8, 2021
Please keep it to 1 thread
Hi,

I recently built a new computer. This is my first time doing it on my own, so I followed a guide. I went ahead and plugged everything in and my computer turns on and the white LED light comes on. Then the LED light shuts off - it doesn't turn red or green, and the computer continues to run without displaying BIOS. No lights come on for the EZDebug area of the board. Checked connections and they seem fine. I also removed one of the ram sticks and reseated the other one into the A2 slot to see if it would post. Nothing happened.

All fans are running and all lights turn on. Power Switch and Reset work as well. Graphics card doesn't seem to be the issue since I plugged it into another computer and it boots up fine. I also used the same ram in my previous build, and had no issues there.

Components below:
i7-12700k
MSI Pro Z690-A 1700
WD 2TB Nv.2 SSD
ASUS TUF Geforce 3080TI
H170i Corsair AIO - Got the 1700 retrofit kit for screws
Corsair HX1200 Power Supply

I initially had issues with the AIO Pump not working. I replugged in the power connector for the commander module, and then that seemed to work. I also took the AIO cooler off after installing to change positioning, and didn't reapply thermal paste. I figured I would check temps in bios if there were any issues.

Anyone else have thoughts on what to test?

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2021
Hi,

I recently built a new computer. This is my first time doing it on my own, so I followed a guide. I went ahead and plugged everything in and my computer turns on and the white LED light comes on. Then the LED light turns off after a few seconds - the light on my monitor turns white showing and displays the monitor logo and then turns off again. No lights come on for the EZDebug area of the MSI board. Checked connections and they seem fine. I also removed one of the ram sticks and reseated the other one into the A2 slot to see if it would post. Nothing happened.

All fans are running and all lights turn on. Power Switch and Reset work. Graphics card doesn't seem to be the issue since I plugged it into another computer and it boots up fine. I also used the same ram in my previous build, and had no issues there.

Components below:
i7-12700k
MSI Pro Z690-A 1700
WD 2TB Nv.2 SSD
ASUS TUF Geforce 3080TI
H170i Corsair AIO - Got the 1700 retrofit kit for screws
Corsair HX1200 Power Supply

I initially had issues with the AIO Pump not working. I replugged in the power connector for the commander module, and then that seemed to work. I also took the AIO cooler off after installing to change positioning, and didn't reapply thermal paste. I figured I would check temps in bios if there were any issues.

Anyone else have thoughts on what to test?

Ralston18

Titan
This:

"This is my first time doing it on my own, so I followed a guide. "

Overall, good for you!

What guide did you follow?

The motherboard's User Guide/Manual should be the primary guide along with the applicable User Guide/Manuals/installation documents for other components.

My thoughts:

Carefully take it all apart with the immediate exception of the CPU.

[Note: Do double check how you installed the CPU, applied thermal paste etc.. If you are sure about all that then (for the time being) leave the CPU alone and in place. All too easy to have physical problems with CPU installs and re-installs. ]

Then reinstall everything else after carefully re-reading and verifying the applicable installation documents.

With a new build things can be a bit tricky.

No one wants to force a connection or seating on a new build. Things can indeed be a bit tight and stiff.

As a result what feels to be fully and firmly seated/connected may not be fully and firmly seated.

Try carefully disconnecting and reconnecting everything a few times. Wiggle and jiggle things into place.

You may discover, all of a sudden, that something just feels "better" .

Be patient, read the instructions, go slow.

Hopefully the problem is just some error of omission or commission.

Dec 8, 2021