[SOLVED] Computer won't post with graphics card installed

Jul 25, 2019
So I recently just had received my graphics card and after I had installed it my computer doesn't want to post. I was using integrated graphics and it posted normally. However, the second that I installed the graphics card it didn't want to post. On my motherboard I had noticed that the VGA light was on, so I assumed either the card was pushed in all the way or the cables weren't installed completely. I made sure the graphics card was pushed in all the way and the cables are now completely connected. The VGA light no longer comes on; however, the computer still doesn't want to post. My case fans and CPU fans continue to spin, my keyboard, mouse, and motherboard all light up. My graphics card fans spin for a few seconds then my right graphics card fan stops spinning then a few seconds later the one on the left stops spinning. I am now unsure what to do. As I stated the VGA light no longer lights up, so I don't know why it won't post. I am unsure if I should update the BIOS since I have never done it and don't know how. I have a gigabyte z390 aorus board, 9700k, evga 750 watt G+, and a 2070 super. I have already tried moving the GPU to another PCIE slot, as well. Any advice would be appreciated thanks!

Solution
The two PCIe cables used and where they are is fine, long as all pins are connected. These cards use passive cooling, the fans don't start spinning fully until the card reaches a certain temp of around 60c.

Check the card is fully in with the locking latch properly clicked in.
Jul 25, 2019
On my power supply it came with 4 VGA+ cables. They are 6+2 pins. I used those to connect the GPU to the power supply. I don't have one cable to splits off into a 8 and 6 pin. I connected two VGA+ cables to my power supply and to my GPU. I could try using the other two cables I got. Also on my PSU it has VGA 1 all the way to VGA 4. Right now I have my cables connected to VGA 1 and 2. I could try moving the cables to VGA 3 and 4, I guess. I moved the HDMI cord from my mobo to my gpu and still got nothing. My monitor got no signal.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
The two PCIe cables used and where they are is fine, long as all pins are connected. These cards use passive cooling, the fans don't start spinning fully until the card reaches a certain temp of around 60c.

Check the card is fully in with the locking latch properly clicked in.

Solution