Question Computer Won't Post

Jun 20, 2019
9 times out of 10 my computer won't POST. It'll run, everything spins up, but no display and the keyboard won't turn on. When it does fully boot it crashes and goes black after about 20 minutes. It kinda happened all the sudden. I updated my chipset, BIOS, and graphic driver but that was days before it started having issues. From what I've been researching others are saying it was a driver issue, but I just updated everything not too long ago, so I wanted your opinion. I have tried every fix I can think of (popping CMOS battery, sfc, hard restart, revert drivers, etc.)

Mobo: Asus x370 Pro
Graphics: RX 580
CPU: Ryzen 1800x
RAM: Corsair Vengence x16gb

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'm out of ideas before I start the RMA process.

Edit: Just found out, if I leave the system powered off over night or for over 6 or so hours it will magically turn on in the morning.. It eventually crashes, but still.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2019
If it won't even POST, and you can't get into BIOS, it's not a driver issue.

This is more likely due to an unnecessary update of the BIOS code, or inappropriate BIOS settings.

Check your motherboard manual to see if you have a procedure for booting to a failsafe BIOS.
It does occasionally POST, and I can even log in. But that is very rare, and as I said, it only stays on for about 20mins. After that I either get a BSOD, or it just shuts down as if I was hard restarting. I have tried customizing the BIOS settings, and I've set it to defaults, doesn't seem to make a difference. I will check my manual though.

Edit: I just checked, I don't see anything mentioning a failsafe BIOS. In fact, now that it's updated it won't even let me install an older version instead.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS