[SOLVED] Computer Won't Recognize RAM

Solution
Do you still have your old ram? Can you load windows? If so then you can actually do it from the desktop.
Here you can download the bios for your MB and just take the Windows version of "Update BIOS Under "

But i was just looking through the qualified vendors list of supported memory for that board and the specific ram you have is not listed there.
Now it doesnt mean it wont work with the ram, but it may be why you are experiencing problems.

EDIT: "Note1: Please use A2/B2 slots first."

borris618

Distinguished
May 6, 2013
Are both ram-sticks not recognised? or just the one?
It might me the MB that needs to be updated to newest bios version before it can recognise the ram.
Also refer to the manual in which ram-slots on the motherboard you have to plug them into.

Jan 11, 2021
Hi @borris618 - thank you for taking the time to help! Both are not recognized. We placed them in slots 1 and 3, as that is where the former 8gb sticks were. Would you please be so kind as to point me to the best place to learn how to update the MB with newest bios? Thanks again!

borris618

Distinguished
May 6, 2013
Do you still have your old ram? Can you load windows? If so then you can actually do it from the desktop.
Here you can download the bios for your MB and just take the Windows version of "Update BIOS Under "

But i was just looking through the qualified vendors list of supported memory for that board and the specific ram you have is not listed there.
Now it doesnt mean it wont work with the ram, but it may be why you are experiencing problems.

EDIT: "Note1: Please use A2/B2 slots first."

Solution