Question Computer won't start, fan moves slightly when power button pressed

dheep.cherian

Commendable
Sep 29, 2018
So this morning when I tried to turn on my computer, it just wouldn't start. The case fan and the CPU fan would move very slightly, and the EZ Debug LED on the motherboard labeled 'CPU' would flash momentarily. If I pressed the power button again, nothing would happen. I would have to turn off the switch on the back of the PSU and then hold down the power button for 20 seconds before powering on again, and then I would receive the same result. I've tried everything from reconnecting all the cables and reseating the RAM to clearing the CMOS. Here are my specs:

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G

MOBO: MSI A320M Pro-VD/S

RAM: GSkill Ripjaws V 2x4 GB @ 2400MHz

PSU: Corsair VS450

CASE: Antec NX200

I got all of these parts brand new last October so everything is in warranty. I just need some suggestions.

Apr 13, 2019
Explain how it wouldn't start.
ex. It stops at the Windows logo, It says Welcome and then something happens, or it just says a message when you try to power it on.

Haibrands

Honorable
Dec 30, 2014
Sounds like a problem with your CPU. Try consulting the motherboard's manual for the error your EZ Debug LED gives you and see what it says. If you threw away the booklet, you can probably find it online.

Sometimes, CPU's tend to give out. However, it seems curious this has happened to your Ryzen 3. The only time that has happened to me was when one of the pins for the CPU socket on my mobo was broken. Almost 100% sure it's the CPU. If you didn't touch it, it's likely the CPU gave out, and less likely the mobo's socket for the CPU went to crap. Good luck.

ShadeSlayer812

Honorable
Dec 1, 2015
Are you getting beep codes and/or post card readings? It could be CPU, MOBO, or PSU. Being that it worked after PSU, and being that PSU would be the easiest to check and replace, I would check that first. Its very easy to do using a voltage meter. Detailed instructions can be found with a simple google search.