I build this pc just 3 days ago

AMD RYZEN 7 2700

16GB DDR4 3000MHZ CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX

COOLER MASTER MWE 550W

MSI B450M GAMING PLUS

GIGABYTE C200 GLASS EDITION

GTX 750TI 2GB (From old build)

I have old LG FLATRON monitor which is perfectly working without any problems

one night my screen started to flicker every 15-20 minutes , screen would go black for a second then go back to normal while the background game was working fine as i could hear.

next morning i start the PC , i press the power button , nothing happens , i see that my headphones lights are turning on. and motherboard blinks red light thrice but nothing else no fan nothing else.

i tried to then change the power socket , and IDK how but it worked , everything worked, then again the next morning same problem.

i suspect the monitor flickering was because of VGA cable as some monitor issues resolved themselves after i changed the cable. But the PC is still the same in the morning. I don't have any problem when it is turned off , i could play heavy games for 10+ hours straight and everything would be okay , its just the morning when this problem occur and it normally gets solved if i just change the power socket once then return back . and sometimes not even that. Also sometimes when i push the power button it'd first blink(the power button itself) then start and sometimes it doesn't blink but normally start.

The store where i bought the computer store told me that they'd replace the parts if they had any problem but when i take the computer to the store , it shows no problem as i already told you sometimes it happens sometimes it doesn't.

I just hate the feeling that it might or might not start the next day ,

Let me know if you want any more details.

also is anyone else facing the same problem?

Solution
They won't give me a replacement if the problem doesn't happen in front of them. That right there is the issue my friend.

If the issue didnt happen at all when you tested it at the store then it could be it is your outlets messing with the PSU, try in another part of your house to see if they dont have the issue, then that probably means somethings fried in the outlets you were using

If not you would have to try to get a full refund on the PSU, they should give it to you if you're in the refund period, although the refund policies in your country could be different to the Australian laws im used to. If you get a refund then try with a similar priced power supply of a different manufacturer.

oscian44

Honorable
Oct 24, 2017
The flickering you experienced sounds like it could be gpu related although if the VGA cable replacement fixed it then the cable was probably the issue there. The red light flickering appears to be CPU related from what I could find on your motherboard online, if you have the manual for the motherboard that can help with what the diagnostic lights mean.

As for the power button light flickering the PSU could be the culprit, it could be shorting components such as your cpu causing the motherboard to flash the red light and could have messed with your GPU causing the earlier flickering.

If switching outlets fixes it maybe your homes outlets arent giving enough power or are fluctuating somehow, im not exactly sure on that but try testing it in another room in your house.

I would try to get a replacement on the PSU and see if that fixes any issues, if not then it could be a cpu issue like a bent pin or something of that sort.

Jun 13, 2020
The flickering you experienced sounds like it could be gpu related although if the VGA cable replacement fixed it then the cable was probably the issue there. The red light flickering appears to be CPU related from what I could find on your motherboard online, if you have the manual for the motherboard that can help with what the diagnostic lights mean.

As for the power button light flickering the PSU could be the culprit, it could be shorting components such as your cpu causing the motherboard to flash the red light and could have messed with your GPU causing the earlier flickering.

If switching outlets fixes it maybe your homes outlets arent giving enough power or are fluctuating somehow, im not exactly sure on that but try testing it in another room in your house.

I would try to get a replacement on the PSU and see if that fixes any issues, if not then it could be a cpu issue like a bent pin or something of that sort.
They won't give me a replacement if the problem doesn't happen in front of them. That right there is the issue my friend.

Jun 13, 2020

oscian44

Honorable
Oct 24, 2017

If the issue didnt happen at all when you tested it at the store then it could be it is your outlets messing with the PSU, try in another part of your house to see if they dont have the issue, then that probably means somethings fried in the outlets you were using

If not you would have to try to get a full refund on the PSU, they should give it to you if you're in the refund period, although the refund policies in your country could be different to the Australian laws im used to. If you get a refund then try with a similar priced power supply of a different manufacturer.

Solution