Question Computer won't start up after power outage

theunreal

Honorable
Sep 29, 2015
I've been working with the computer 2 days ago, then a power outage shut all the electricity down.
I tried to turn it back on, the lights turned on, everything started to spin - and after about ~0.5 seconds - everything turns off.

Any idea what happened and how I can fix it / check what's the issue?

My spec:
Gigabyte GA-AB350-Gaming 3
Corsair DDR 4 16G (8Gx2) 3000 CL16 VENGEANCE LPX Black CMK16GX4M2D3000C16
Antec P6 Compact Micro-Atx Case
ANTEC PSU 550W GB Neo Eco Modular 80+ OEM New PC
Corsair SSD 480GB MP510 NVMe PCIEx4 M.2
Gigabyte GT 1030 2GB DDR5 Silent Low Profile GV-N1030SL-2GL
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Processor Box (Gen 2)

Thanks in advance!

Pakadermia

Reputable
May 2, 2017
I'm assuming you can't even get the system to post? I'd try disconnecting the pc from the power source and holding down the power button for a few seconds before reconnecting everything and trying to get the system to post. If it still wont post, I'd do a quick visual inspection of the power supply and connection to the power supply. I wasn't there for the blackout so Idk how serious it was. Did you hear anything when the blackout happened? Any abnormally loud electric snap sound coming from the computer? I'd also try reseating the ram. If that doesn't work, try reseating the ram in different slots to see if that could be the reason why the pc wont post. It's pretty uncommon, but I've seen several ram channels fail on motherboards causing the systems to not post because their channels that had the ram died. If reseating the ram and trying different channels doesn't work, you can try to clear the cmos by taking out the battery for a few minutes then putting the battery back to try to boot the system. but I doubt this will fix the problem. I hope you can fix your system

Reactions: theunreal

theunreal

Honorable
Sep 29, 2015
hello there
did you try to empty ur computer from static electricity by unpluging cables from wall and keep presseing the start button many time .
did you try to reset cmos by removing the motherboard battery for at least 1min ?
try the paper clip to test if you're psu did'nt die from that
https://www.silverstonetek.com/downloads/QA/PSU/PSU-Paper Clip-EN.pdf
in some power supply's its the 4+7
I'm assuming you can't even get the system to post? I'd try disconnecting the pc from the power source and holding down the power button for a few seconds before reconnecting everything and trying to get the system to post. If it still wont post, I'd do a quick visual inspection of the power supply and connection to the power supply. I wasn't there for the blackout so Idk how serious it was. Did you hear anything when the blackout happened? Any abnormally loud electric snap sound coming from the computer? I'd also try reseating the ram. If that doesn't work, try reseating the ram in different slots to see if that could be the reason why the pc wont post. It's pretty uncommon, but I've seen several ram channels fail on motherboards causing the systems to not post because their channels that had the ram died. If reseating the ram and trying different channels doesn't work, you can try to clear the cmos by taking out the battery for a few minutes then putting the battery back to try to boot the system. but I doubt this will fix the problem. I hope you can fix your system

I really can't believe, but removing the power source and clicking the startup button many times, pluggin in again, worked!!!!
Love you!!!!

Reactions: AntonyLovric

awayagain

Reputable
Jun 27, 2018
you're welcome bro its better that you buy a ups backup with surge protection
so that it protect's you're system and let you time to shutdown ur pc normally
these kind of events kils the psu or worse