Computer won't start up

Joaquin_2

Commendable
Apr 27, 2016
I recent got a new graphics card GeForce 960 added to my 3 year old computer I have an i5 Intel and asus z87-pro mother board. When ever I was playing my game or not playing just downloading a game it would freeze up and make this robotic noise like an error occurred but then would stop and do it again over and over till my computer restarted. And now it won't start up and takes a really long time to load to get to anything even the repair. Also my google chrome would slowly work when ever I looked up something I'm not sure what the problem is or if it's any of the parts in my computer. Please help if you need any more info just let me know

Solution
Did this problem surface once you plugged in the GPU? You can uninstall the nvidia drivers, download and freshly install the latest ones to check if it helps. May be the driver you are using is causing problems.
Also, what power supply are you using?
You can open Task manager and check if there is any unusual program that is taking up resources. Just do a full virus scan as well to be sure, this aint a virus.
Now for a step by step hardware diagnosis:
1.If you have onboard graphics on your mobo, check if you are getting the same problem. If not, your GPU may be faulty.
2.If your new GPU is ok, then check the rams. Get a friend's ram and see if it ram is fine.
3.If the ram is fine, check your hard disk, problem's like these occurs when...

serioussamik17

Distinguished
Did this problem surface once you plugged in the GPU? You can uninstall the nvidia drivers, download and freshly install the latest ones to check if it helps. May be the driver you are using is causing problems.
Also, what power supply are you using?
You can open Task manager and check if there is any unusual program that is taking up resources. Just do a full virus scan as well to be sure, this aint a virus.
Now for a step by step hardware diagnosis:
1.If you have onboard graphics on your mobo, check if you are getting the same problem. If not, your GPU may be faulty.
2.If your new GPU is ok, then check the rams. Get a friend's ram and see if it ram is fine.
3.If the ram is fine, check your hard disk, problem's like these occurs when there is a dying HDD in place.

Do let know of the results.

Solution