Computer wont start

imspringin

Commendable
Dec 31, 2016
Just started making it and watched a very detailed video on how to make on on YouTube but mine wont start up for a quick boot like his did and I dont know why.

Solution

I don't know if you will be able to straighten a bunch of bent pins...is not that easy.
You have to be extremely careful not to break any of them.
The CPU, if aligned properly, should fall into the socket without any force.

imspringin

Commendable
Dec 31, 2016
CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1500X 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
Motherboard: AMD - Ryzen 5 1500X 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
Video card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB ACX 2.0 Video Card
Power supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Memory: Crucial - Ballistix Sport LT 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
Storage: Crucial - MX300 275GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive,
Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Case: NZXT - S340 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case

As far as troubleshooting I have no idea what to do at this point. The motherboard is connected to the supply box via the 8 pin CPU cord and the 24 pin cord and the supply box is set to I Instead of O I do not know what to do next.

Assuming your motherboard was installed properly with standoffs between the case and motherboard.

There are any signs of life when you press the power button (lights, fans spinning, beeps, etc)?
Which motherboard do you have?

Make sure both power connectors are seated properly.
Leave only a stick of RAM and try again.

Unplug the VGA cable from the motherboard, since there isn't any iGPU in that system.

Make sure you are shorting the appropriate 2-pin power connectors.
13264606-fba1-4234-8b6b-16612ecbfd7d-original.png

imspringin

Commendable
Dec 31, 2016

Tried it again and still nothing.

imspringin

Commendable
Dec 31, 2016

In most of the videos I see people plug in a plug that goes into the power pins that I should shorten but I dont have those specific plugs, should i?

Make sure the power supply power switch is on and the power cable is plugged to the outlet.
Touch the power pins on the motherboard and hold for up to 5 seconds.
You could also bring the case close to the motherboard and use the power cable from it to power the system.

Oct 30, 2018

Cant find any holes on mine that I would connect the pcie connector. Only holes are for hdmi and two other things that look nothing like the pcie connector.

Maybe your EVGA 1050 Ti is the ACX 3.0 which does not requires a 6-pin PCI-E power connector from the PSU.
It uses 75 Watts which the motherboard should deliver via the PCI-e slot.

Either the motherboard is not delivering the power or the GPU is faulty.

I don't know if you will be able to straighten a bunch of bent pins...is not that easy.
You have to be extremely careful not to break any of them.
The CPU, if aligned properly, should fall into the socket without any force.

Solution
There are any beeps, lights, etc.
Sometimes it could take longer than 5 minutes for a Ryzen system to post the first time.
Make sure the GPU is seated properly in the PCI-e slot.
Check all cable connections and make sure they are secured.
Make sure the video cable (DVI, HDMI or DP) is plugged and secured. Try a different cable just in case.

Try resetting the BIOS