Question Computer won't start

QWERTY2234

Prominent
Apr 10, 2020
So my computer suddenly shutdown while I'm playing game. After that, I tried to restart it, the light is on but the monitor remains blanks and there is no beep sound.

First, I thought the ram card is the problem. When I removed the 1st ram card, the computer opened. But when I removed 2nd ram card and insert 1st ram card the computer opened too.So, I think that it is ram slot problem. But the 1st and 2nd ram card worked in both two slot.

I changed the cpu to the older one,the computer started. So I think that it might be cpu problem and bought a new cpu a week ago. But when I got the new cpu and insert it today, the computer won't start. The cpu, gpu fans are spinning and the light is on but there is no beep sound and monitor remains blanks, same as the last time. The cmos had also been reset.

What is the problem,guys?

Specs
CPU:
original cpu (intel core 2 quad q9500)
older cpu (intel pentium e5700)
new cpu (intel core 2 quad q9550)

GPU:
Nvidia GTX 750ti

RAM:
2x2gb ddr2 RAM

Motherboard:
ACER G31T-M5

Sorry for my poor english.

Last edited:
But the 1st and 2nd ram card worked in both two slot
So if I understand you correct:
  • If one RAM stick are mounted, your computer start and run normally.
  • You can put one of the RAM sticks in one slot (doesn't matter what slot and which RAM stick you pick) - and it works?
  • If you put both RAM sticks into the slots, the computer doesn't start?
Here is a couple of suggestion that will require some work for your:
  • Go to ASUS web site and see if you can find a list of parts (RAM / CPU) that is guaranteed compatibility with that mainboard.
  • Use Memtest86+ to test your ram sticks. Please run a full test so you can rule out bad ram.
  • Visit ASUS web site and see it here is a newer bios that solve any incompatibility if your parts are listed.

Have you made any changes to the computer prior of this fail ?

QWERTY2234

Prominent
Apr 10, 2020
So if I understand you correct:
  • If one RAM stick are mounted, your computer start and run normally.
  • You can put one of the RAM sticks in one slot (doesn't matter what slot and which RAM stick you pick) - and it works?
  • If you put both RAM sticks into the slots, the computer doesn't start?
Yes, that's what I'm saying.

Have you made any changes to the computer prior of this fail ?

Nothing, I have add a new ram card and change the cpu last year. It works well until this happened.