Computer wont startup it cycles and repeats compaq presario

lostinf

Honorable
Jul 22, 2012
help..my lap top won't start up.. when I turn it on it comes up and asks if I want to start normally.. when I tried that it comes up with the windows screen saying it's loading then flashes a blue screen for a second then shuts off and comes back to asking if I want to start normally again, I've tried to open is safe mode and to go back to last working time nothing works always goes back to same thing and just recycles over and over

me 1

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2010
"I've tried to open is safe mode and to go back to last working time nothing works always goes back to same thing and just recycles over and over"

By last working time, U mean "Last good known configuration" or you actually managed to start in "Safemode" and go to the "System restore" service? Write back.

Restart, press F8 and Disable Automatic restart, then, you'll be able to see the error for more then a second.What is the code, what is it related to? (it should write something like: in module xxxxxxxxxx.dll or xxxxxxxx.sys, where xxxxxxx is the name of the file.) Write back.

If U can get in safemode, then :

You should do a chkdsk.
and, go to Start, run>msconfig> Load basic devices, click OK, and try to restart normally.

:hello:

lostinf

Honorable
Jul 22, 2012
ok.. disabled the automatic restart and it says unmountable_boot_volume

tells me to make sure any new hardware is properly installed ..........

technical information" Stop:OxOOOOOOED (0x8191E30, 0xc000009c, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

me 1

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2010
Ok, let's try recovery console first.

Put you xp cd in.
Boot from your cd:
Restart your pc, and enter bios (press F2 or Del key at startup)
Go to where you see the boot order list. Change it. Put the cd-rom on top.
Restart.
The cd rom loads, and press R when U see the "Press R, bla,bla...." message

Type 1 for the installation.
type your password, or just press Enter if you don't have one.
Now type this, to scan your hard drive:
Chkdsk /r and let it scan.
Chkdsk /p and let it scan.
Now U have to let it write a new part. boot sector:
Type this:
fixboot
(I won't add drive letter because it's default, so just fixbooot)
After done, try to restart normally.
Can U get into Windows?
:hello: