Computer won't stay on with CPU power cord plugged in but will stay on if not plugged in

rexerr10

Prominent
Jan 31, 2018
This is my first time building a computer and I was pretty stoked to do so. I got all the parts and put everything together. When I tried starting up the computer to see if it would run, it would turn on for half a second and then shut off. Well after troubleshooting with some buddies of mine I found out one of the prongs where the CPU goes on the motherboard was bent. I took the CPU out and left everything else plugged in and it ran just fine. Well I got a new motherboard (same model) and put everything back together and tried running it again but the same thing happened. The computer turned on for half a second and then turned off. I checked to see if any of the prongs were bent again but none of them were. I tried unplugging the CPU power cord and running the computer that way (with CPU and fan installed) and it stayed on that time. I tried plugging the CPU power cord back in but the same thing happened as before. Turned on for half a second and then turned off. I have no idea why it could be doing this so any help would be appreciated. I've already tried a different PSU but that wasn't it and all the stand off's are in the proper spots. Here are my parts

CPU: Pentium G4500 LGA1151
MOBO: msi Z370-A PRO
PSU: EVGA 450 watt bronze
GPU: EVGA geforce GTX 1060
SSD: Crucial MX300 2.5-inch
RAM: 2 Patriot signature line 8GB 2400MHz

Solution
That CPU wont work on a Coffee Lake mobo. You need a Coffee Lake CPU not a Skylake CPU

6th and 7th gen mobos and CPU's arent compatible with 8th gen / Coffee Lake mobos or CPU's