[SOLVED] Computer won't turn back on after sitting Idle

zeukin

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012
Never had any issues before this with my build, usually my computer will enter sleep mode after sitting idle for about 40mins or so and it's always booted fine after that however, now when I move the mouse or press a key on the keyboard to wake it up the fans will boot up fine as before which tells me that my peripherals are getting picked up by the system but this time the power button keeps blinking , and nothing else turns back ON besides the fans, everything else won't start the computer simply won't boot up to my login screen. The only way to fix this is to hit the reset button every time this occurs. I already checked for corrupted windows files and it didn't find any corrupted files. My next move will be to unplug everything all my peripherals and re-plug everything back in, and my third hopeful solution is to do a clean install of Windows but I'm trying to avoid that as much as possible for now. That's where I'm at right now with this. I have no idea what could possibly be triggering this perhaps a windows update that was downloaded in the background, or a recent game I downloaded messing my computer up, I honestly don't know. Any help is appreciated.

If it matters my specs are :
Summary
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
AMD Ryzen 7 1700X 53 °C
Summit Ridge 14nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1064MHz (15-15-15-36)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING (AM4) 32 °C
Graphics
OMEN by HP 25 (1920x1080@60Hz)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti (MSI) 44 °C
Storage
232GB Samsung SSD 860 EVO 250GB (SATA (SSD)) 44 °C
1863GB Seagate ST2000DM006-2DM164 (SATA ) 38 °C
Optical Drives
No optical disk drives detected
Audio
High Definition Audio Device
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Last edited:
Solution
Which settings could I access in order to change sleep behavior settings on my machine? are you referring to the power & sleep settings?
the only access you have as a user is to choose which; Sign out, Sleep, Restart, Shutdown.
the code, algorithms, whatever it is, related to the processes are built-in to the OS software. once corrupt there's no fixing on the user end.
i've had corrupt power plans and corrupt shutdown/sleep parameters before with Windows.
similar issues would arise.
these aren't actually corrupted files but settings, so SFC wouldn't detect them.

the only way i've found to "fix" it is to revert to a restore point before the issue arose
or to perform a fresh install of the OS.

hopefully this would fix your issue also and it doesn't end up being a malfunctioning motherboard that just can't communicate properly with the system.

zeukin

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012
i've had corrupt power plans and corrupt shutdown/sleep parameters before with Windows.
similar issues would arise.
these aren't actually corrupted files but settings, so SFC wouldn't detect them.

the only way i've found to "fix" it is to revert to a restore point before the issue arose
or to perform a fresh install of the OS.

hopefully this would fix your issue also and it doesn't end up being a malfunctioning motherboard that just can't communicate properly with the system.
Thanks for the suggestions. Installing windows again is my last resort. Which settings could I access in order to change sleep behavior settings on my machine? are you referring to the power & sleep settings?

Last edited:
Which settings could I access in order to change sleep behavior settings on my machine? are you referring to the power & sleep settings?
the only access you have as a user is to choose which; Sign out, Sleep, Restart, Shutdown.
the code, algorithms, whatever it is, related to the processes are built-in to the OS software. once corrupt there's no fixing on the user end.

Solution