Computer wont turn on after installing new cooling

radmandesh

Commendable
Dec 29, 2016
Hello
I recently bought a Hyper 212 EVO cooling system and attempted to install it into my computer, but now it wont turn on whatsoever (no post). My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-Z97 HD3 and my processor is an Intel i7 4770K. I have checked everything is plugged in properly, including the fan itself, and would be wjlling to provide and extra information in hopes of solving this problem.
Thanks in advance

Solution
common problem is that the back mounting plate (or just the bolts/screws themselves) are causing a short on the back of the motherboard.... or the motherboard is resting on a piece of metal case.... the only contact points should be properly positioned mounting clips.

#1 try re-installing the cooling, but ensure that the only screws/bolts/plates on the back have rubber washers on them, so they never actually touch the motherboard....
#2 breadboard.... motherboard on an insulated mat and only connect the bare minimum to start (power switch, one stick of RAM, CPU, CPU fan and use onboard GPU, if you have it).... work your way up until you have all the components installed, except the case connectors.... then transfer it all into the...

bahnstormer

Honorable
Jan 5, 2015
common problem is that the back mounting plate (or just the bolts/screws themselves) are causing a short on the back of the motherboard.... or the motherboard is resting on a piece of metal case.... the only contact points should be properly positioned mounting clips.

#1 try re-installing the cooling, but ensure that the only screws/bolts/plates on the back have rubber washers on them, so they never actually touch the motherboard....
#2 breadboard.... motherboard on an insulated mat and only connect the bare minimum to start (power switch, one stick of RAM, CPU, CPU fan and use onboard GPU, if you have it).... work your way up until you have all the components installed, except the case connectors.... then transfer it all into the case.... try it once more before you start connecting all the case connectors (USB, LED's, cha_fan, etc).

Solution