Computer won't turn on after installing new graphics card

Ber Paz

Reputable
Feb 24, 2014
I upgraded my old graphics card which was a bad one. After putting in graphics card my computer won't turn on with or without the graphics card. When i try turn it on, nothing happens, almost as if i was trying to turn it on without the power supply plugged in. The graphics i upgraded to was an EVGA Geforce gtx 750 SC.

Gee Bee

Honorable
Jan 16, 2014
well it was working prior to fitting the 2nd new card, so perhaps you have accidentally dislodged the power connector from the front panel connector header on motherboard. Or possible even the main atx power connector. I've done this several times throughout the years. Check it out

Ber Paz

Reputable
Feb 24, 2014

I know where both are, i disconnected the battery from the motherboard and has been disconnected for a couple minutes

Gee Bee

Honorable
Jan 16, 2014
It;s gotta be PSU or mobo fault. I'm picking PSU because absolutely nothing happens when switched on. A very outside possibility is the power on switch( i've only ever seen this once). You try this as a very last attempt before looking at finding a psu. You should be able to trace this to the front panel header for switch, reset, power\hd led etc.. It is will have something like pwrsw next to it.

http://www.computerhope.com/jargon/s/systempanel.jpg

Try shorting the pwr and ground pin which has the same effect as the mechanical switch on case.

Thats about all i can suggest as of now.