Question Computer wont turn on even when replacing PSU and MOBO

Jul 18, 2020
Im building a office computer for my dad. it's an AM3 computer and used some parts from my old pc like the mobo, cpu, ram, and case. every thing else is new that we bought online. At first it worked perfectly for him but over the course of 2 weeks it started to be less responsive when turning on. Then it got to the point where is just would not turn on but the fans would spin and the lights would come on.

We tried upgrading the psu from a Evga 450 watt bronze to a Cooler Master 550 Watt bronze and we got the fans to run but not the computer to turn on.

Then we replaced the Mobo to a Asrock 760GM-HDV and would still not turn on but the light in the front of the pc would be on. At this point I have run out of Ideas, but I think it has something to do with the Mobo because I tested psu (Paperclip test) and worked fine.

I have Heard that it would be the ram or cpu which I am a little skeptical about but that this point im open to any Ideas. I have do have power to change the cpu and the ram if that my be the problem, but once again I don't it is because it wont even boot into a screen. I have tried booting with out the graphics card and still nothing.

specs of the pc
MOBO: ASRock 760GM-HDV
CPU: amd FX-6300
GPU: MSI Geforce gt 730
PSU: Master Cooler 550 watt Bronze
2 fans
1 TB hard drive

Im building a office computer for my dad. it's an AM3 computer and used some parts from my old pc like the mobo, cpu, ram, and case. every thing else is new that we bought online. At first it worked perfectly for him but over the course of 2 weeks it started to be less responsive when turning on. Then it got to the point where is just would not turn on but the fans would spin and the lights would come on.

We tried upgrading the psu from a Evga 450 watt bronze to a Cooler Master 550 Watt bronze and we got the fans to run but not the computer to turn on.

Then we replaced the Mobo to a Asrock 760GM-HDV and would still not turn on but the light in the front of the pc would be on. At this point I have run out of Ideas, but I think it has something to do with the Mobo because I tested psu (Paperclip test) and worked fine.

I have Heard that it would be the ram or cpu which I am a little skeptical about but that this point im open to any Ideas. I have do have power to change the cpu and the ram if that my be the problem, but once again I don't it is because it wont even boot into a screen. I have tried booting with out the graphics card and still nothing.

specs of the pc
MOBO: ASRock 760GM-HDV
CPU: amd FX-6300
GPU: MSI Geforce gt 730
PSU: Master Cooler 550 watt Bronze
2 fans
1 TB hard drive
Make sure the GPU is connected when you boot the system, FX CPU doesn't have onboard graphic. And what RAM spec ? have you try to use another RAM ?

Jul 18, 2020
I have connected the GPU and hooked it up to the pc that's hooked up to the monitor and still nothing, but I do have my suspicion that it may be the graphics card because the drivers had trouble installing when the computer was working and the screen would sometimes randomly turn off. I can test this soon (1-2) days with a different graphics card - gtx 1050 and I have this card in my possession.

About the ram I have stitch it out to test it and still nothing - the ram that was in there originally was a Nemix Ram 8GB DDR3 1866MHz PC3-14900 AMD Desktop Memory Module - that has worked in another computers. the second ram I tried was G.Skill DDR3-1600 4g Intel xmp Ready.

I have connected the GPU and hooked it up to the pc that's hooked up to the monitor and still nothing, but I do have my suspicion that it may be the graphics card because the drivers had trouble installing when the computer was working and the screen would sometimes randomly turn off. I can test this soon (1-2) days with a different graphics card - gtx 1050 and I have this card in my possession.

About the ram I have stitch it out to test it and still nothing - the ram that was in there originally was a Nemix Ram 8GB DDR3 1866MHz PC3-14900 AMD Desktop Memory Module - that has worked in another computers. the second ram I tried was G.Skill DDR3-1600 4g Intel xmp Ready.
If you say so ,will be wait for the different GPU test.