Question Computer won't turn on with gpu plugged in

May 29, 2019
Hi,
Love from India.:geek:
I am recently facing an issue with my system which I think is kind of weird..
So...
I recently build my first pc which worked totally fine but after using it for hardly 3 to 4 days it turned off while i was playing games in it..(Assassin's Creed unity). I tried to turn it back on but it won't. After some research I found that when I unplug my gpu it turn on fine but putting back my gpu it returns back to dead condition...
My specs.
Rx 470 gpu
A320 mobo
Ryzen 3 1200
8 gb ddr 4 3000mhz
Clarion psu about 500w I guess
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks.

Clarion psu about 500w

This might be the culprit. That's a poor quality generic PSU, not recommended for Gaming PCs. Replace this unit asap. That's a local chinese PSU brand...
91LGckPAKxL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: drivinfast247
May 29, 2019
Are you sure it's the psu and not any other hardware issue.... Everything is new....
What is the psu that you suggest might be good for it and will be a future proof guaranteed.

May 29, 2019
that blinking white light sounds like it points to a power issue. clarion is good at car audio equipment but i don't expect them to be good when it comes to computer parts
😂😂 Will a new psu will fix this issue.... Because I cant spend anymore if I buy a decent psu.... Btw which psu should I buy and not face such type of issue anymore

"Because I cant spend anymore if I buy a decent psu"

i hate to say it but this right here is your problem.

if you can't afford a "decent" CPU let alone one that is proven to be reliable then the only thin i can recommend is save up money until you are able to get a reliable or "decent" CPU

if you go out and buy a junk-low quality grade PSU and something goes wrong like it gets overloaded by your GPU when playing games or whatnot it might end up taking more then the PSU out and you could be in the future looking to replace more than a bad PSU

heck, it might even catch fire taking everything out

Reactions: Metal Messiah.
May 29, 2019

if you can't afford a "decent" CPU let alone one that is proven to be reliable then the only thin i can recommend is save up money until you are able to get a reliable or "decent" CPU

if you go out and buy a junk-low quality grade PSU and something goes wrong like it gets overloaded by your GPU when playing games or whatnot it might end up taking more then the PSU out and you could be in the future looking to replace more than a bad PSU

Which psu should I buy then

Will a new psu will fix this issue.... Because I cant spend anymore if I buy a decent psu.... Btw which psu should I buy and not face such type of issue anymore

Your current problem sounds like it is indeed a PSU issue.

What's your budget in INR ? Try to get some other high quality PSU, from reputed brands if possible. Power supplies are an imperative part of your system that should not be taken lightly. Throwing in a budget PSU could result in poor power efficiency or even a wrecked system.

Don't SKIMP on the PSU,, since this is the MOST important PC component. I can't stress this enough.

Reactions: david_the_guy

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Yeah, judging by the photo @Metal Messiah. posted, that PSU only produces 288W on the 12V rail. That is totally inadequate - it's a fire-hazard.

A 500W PSU should produce wattage of at least mid-400s on the 12V rail.

I would strongly recommend Seasonic - you almost can't go wrong with any of their PSUs. High quality, good warranties. But you're not going to find one under 5000 INR.

https://in.pcpartpicker.com/product...ort=price&page=1&A=500000000000,2000000000000

There are other brands that make moderate to good PSUs that may be available for less, but I am not that familiar with them.

Extra money on a good-quality power supply though is money well-spent.

Last edited:
Reactions: Metal Messiah.