[SOLVED] Computer won't turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zomesch

Commendable
Nov 20, 2019
This problem has been going on for about a month. However, now it's more persistent. If I press the power button some dim lights come on the fans spin once the PSU and you fans just move once and nothing is law happens. I tried changing ram slots, cleaning them, checking PSU cables, changing the GPU but nothing worked. I tried using a blower to blow off the dust from my PSU it worked but now it doesn't work much anymore. I tried holding the power button and the fans just spin but the PSU and GPU fans don't. Can anyone help me find the problem?

Solution
This problem has been going on for about a month. However, now it's more persistent. If I press the power button some dim lights come on the fans spin once the PSU and you fans just move once and nothing is law happens. I tried changing ram slots, cleaning them, checking PSU cables, changing the GPU but nothing worked. I tried using a blower to blow off the dust from my PSU it worked but now it doesn't work much anymore. I tried holding the power button and the fans just spin but the PSU and GPU fans don't. Can anyone help me find the problem?
it honestly sounds like the psu is dying
it honestly sounds like the psu is dying

Solution

Zomesch

Commendable
Nov 20, 2019
The other thing I would say is the mobo the only reason I would say mobo is gpu and cpu fan are controlled by mobo if they dont kick on then sounds like it's failing to control more then just the gpu and cpu fan... However if the psu is failing and not providing enough power then gpu and cpu wont be able to do there job right
after buying another psu I changed the wall socket and it works with no hassles... I guess i wasted my $ with changing the psu
thanks for the help though.

Reactions: white.a.drew

Zomesch

Commendable
Nov 20, 2019
at this point i would ask for the thread to marked as solved since there was no correct answer to your problem, you figured it out
im the dumbest person alive it only worked for a day then the problem came back. Good thing I used your advice and bought another psu. I changed it and it works great. Nothing went to waste. Thanks

im the dumbest person alive it only worked for a day then the problem came back. Good thing I used your advice and bought another psu. I changed it and it works great. Nothing went to waste. Thanks
the dead outlet my have killed the psu and you are welcome it is a pain when it comes to more then just the computer in it self one problem can cause an other even if they don't directly have anything to do with each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.