[SOLVED] Computer wont turn on.

Sep 27, 2022
So I recently bought a compaq hp 8300 elite, it was working fine for about a couple weeks but then i went on a trip and took my computer with me hoping i could continue work. when i get off the plane the computer says that a boot error happened so i've tinkered with it for a couple days. ive tried unplugging and plugging back in the hdd. and i've accessed bios to change the boot function. I'm out of ideas what should i do?

Nephern

Proper
Sep 20, 2022
the computers hard drive was most likely jostled and the partitions in the disk have been corrupted, you will need to buy a new drive/ssd and reinstall windows. Hdds are pretty fragile when it comes to things like this. i suggest an ssd becuase theyre faster and are more durable.

Reactions: Builined

Nephern

Proper
Sep 20, 2022
the computers hard drive was most likely jostled and the partitions in the disk have been corrupted, you will need to buy a new drive/ssd and reinstall windows. Hdds are pretty fragile when it comes to things like this. i suggest an ssd becuase theyre faster and are more durable.

Sep 27, 2022
Thank you for responding so quickly, i think youre correct and ill have to order a new storage item for the computer, thank you for your help.

i believe a friend of mine has one i can use should i use that while the new ssd comes in?

Nephern

Proper
Sep 20, 2022
No problem. im not the best with stuff like this but ive had troubles with hard drives before and this is most likely the case.

i think its a fine idea as long as your boot drive is fast. if its not windows will take longer to boot up (another factor of boot time is startup menu). and you wont copy or open files as fast.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS