Computer won't wake from sleep after replacing PSU

squirreltactic

Commendable
Aug 22, 2016
I recently had to replace my PSU due to a lightning strike. Ever since the computer won't wake from sleep properly. I have to hold the power button down to force the power off then reboot. When the computer goes to sleep now it does not sound like the fans ever power down, so I am wondering if something is causing the computer to never completely enter sleep mode?

I have tried the "allow usb keyboard/mouse to power up from sleep" toggles in bios both ways and it doesn't work either way. It seems these were set to disabled before I replaced the PSU and it woke from sleep just fine. So, I returned them to disabled for now.

The computer is a desktop i5 running Windows 10 Sleep/wakeup worked perfectly until I replaced the PSU.

edit: typo in the title. PSU, not CPU

I read everything that you wrote and I am confused. When did your problems start, after you replaced your PSU or after you replaced your CPU? Either way, this issue might not be a Windows 10 issue and you might find better answers if you pose your question in the hardware section.

squirreltactic

Commendable
Aug 22, 2016

Sorry, typo in the title. I replace the power supply. I believe it to be a windows problem due to the fact the fans don't power down when it goes to sleep. So it seems like something is going wrong in the sleep process. But the problem definitely started when I replaced the PSU, so I guess it could be hardware.