Computer won't wake up from sleep

Lima0-1

Reputable
Apr 23, 2017
Just got a new build. Was going out for a short while so I thought put it to sleep instead of shutting down. When I got back it won't even start up. The power button on my casing was blinking so I pressed it, 5 minutes later still nothing. So I shut down the computer via the power button and started it up again. Still a black screen, keyboard is not lighted but the mouse is. I tried switching the output from the GPU to the Motherboard but to no avail. Before all this it was working perfectly. This rig is literally less than 24 hours old. The specs are as follows:

AMD Ryzen 5 1500X
MSI B350 Tomahawk Arctic
Sapphire R9 280
Crucial 8GB DDR4 2400MHz x1
Samsung 850EVO 500GB SSD
600W PSU
Deepcool Earlkase

Solution
well is just to save write cycles on your ssd, when you put your pc to sleep everything that's on the ram goes to your C drive as a copy, there's no really need to sleep with an SSD since boot times are so freaking fast(10 seconds average), i don't turn off my pc unless i'm going to bed, i recommend you consider to do the same.

doing a quick research on your issue i've found sleep on some ssd can cause a brick(like yours) be careful and avoid sleep/hibernate you either let it running or shut it down

PS:to prevent your pc of going automatically into sleep after idling you have to play around with power options

RX1542

Commendable
Nov 23, 2016
disconnect every hdd/ssd and try, or try to reset cmos and see how it goes, or an ATX reset, your OS is windows 10? if that a yes does it has falls update?

PD: if you have an SSD don't put your computer to sleep

Lima0-1

Reputable
Apr 23, 2017

Thanks so much for the reply. Disconnected the SSD and it works now. As for the Windows 10 update, i'm not too sure as I was still using trial(?) mode and have not entered in my serial key. May I know why I shouldn't/can't put my computer to sleep if I am using an SSD? I'm not gonna do that anymore now that I see that I can have serious problems. Thanks.

RX1542

Commendable
Nov 23, 2016
well is just to save write cycles on your ssd, when you put your pc to sleep everything that's on the ram goes to your C drive as a copy, there's no really need to sleep with an SSD since boot times are so freaking fast(10 seconds average), i don't turn off my pc unless i'm going to bed, i recommend you consider to do the same.

doing a quick research on your issue i've found sleep on some ssd can cause a brick(like yours) be careful and avoid sleep/hibernate you either let it running or shut it down

PS:to prevent your pc of going automatically into sleep after idling you have to play around with power options

Solution