Question Computer works perfectly fine at the computer shop but doesn't in my house

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 17, 2022
Hello there,

To make a long story short, my PC won't turn on inside my house but works whenever I bring it to the computer shop.

PC specs:
Ryzen 3 3200G
2x 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury
Corsair CX750
Gigabyte A320M S2H V2
Galax GTX 1050TI
120GB SanDisk SSD
500GB HDD

I saw a similar post here, same problem with mine, only thing is that the forum was closed, there were no solutions posted, and I'm not able to send a message to the author. If you need more details, here's the link. It's surprisingly similar: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/computer-wont-turn-on-at-my-house.3437680/

I'm thinking that this is a motherboard issue but based on the post above mine might not be a motherboard issue.

Naousouonight, if you can read this please send me a message. I need to talk with you about this issue.

As above. First place to look is at your home's power. More specifically the outlet used to power your gear. Make sure that in addition to being wired using proper guage wire that the socket is correctly wired up (hot to hot, neutral to neutral & ground to ground) If unsure then hire a licensed electrician to make the checks.

Status
Not open for further replies.