alliefoxy0614

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2010
i have no sound on my computer. it has a built in sound card. everything is hooked up correctly but i had to use a cord from the moniter to the cpu. the speakers also power supply goes through the moniter. what is my problem?

roonj

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2009
Other than english, it sounds like you have one set of external speakers and another speaker in the monitor. Usually you connect the external speaker to the green output on the back of the computer (check your manual). If the only speaker you have is in the monitor then that has a cable which goes from the monitor to the green connector on the back of the computer. There is typically only one active connection of the back of the computer unless you have activated quad/5.1/7.1 speaker setup in the computers audio section of control panel.
I am unable to translate your last sentence into anything usefull and I actually like playing scrabble.

alliefoxy0614

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2010

jeyd02

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2010
You mean you have a cord that goes from the built in Sound card(motherboard) to the monitor's Speakers... or are you saying that you have a additional external speakers that only connects to the monitor? if so, its not your sound card problem.. all you need is a sound OUT to a speaker or any audio IN device.(speaker, headset, hearphones, etc.)...still i don't quite get what you saying?