[SOLVED] Computerizing a usb with windows 7 ultimate 64bit with a modern motherboard.

iTRiP

Honorable
Feb 4, 2019
List hardware specs of your pc.
If you're trying to install windows 7 on a modern pc, then USB drivers need to be integrated into installation.
If installing onto nvme drive, then also nvme drivers and several hotfixes need to be integrated.

You can integrate those drivers with gigabyte windows install tool.
https://www.gigabyte.com/Support/Utility?kw=windows&p=1

Ok lets say we can actually do that, lets see where this link takes us:
Utility | Service / Support - GIGABYTE Global

Since I have a gigabyte motherboard, but won't this make the bootable usb incompatible for other pc's if it where to be used there.

The other thread wasn't related to making the drive compatible with the motherboard.

Anyway I used this software posted above, and I'm about to see what happens now if I try to boot of it.
Make sure to select the right one that is for the type of mobo that you have.
And it only adds drivers, the usb will still launch to windows installation on any PC it will just have more drivers.

iTRiP

Honorable
Feb 4, 2019
Make sure to select the right one that is for the type of mobo that you have.
And it only adds drivers, the usb will still launch to windows installation on any PC it will just have more drivers.
Used the one that's for the 400 series motherboards and it made the whole process of checking if it boots more messed up, now the setup is not only not having keyboard and mouse control and can't proceed from that point, I also have to go through a fixing drives process when setting the settings in my bios back to this version I'm running now.

Man, this tinkering is going to break my setup, is windows 7 really that incompatible?