[SOLVED] Computer's internet connection stops working every few days

Jinx97

Honorable
Sep 5, 2014
Hello,
I have a work PC connected to an unmanaged Tenda TED1016D 16-port switch, which is connected to our ISP's router/modem combo thingy. At first, the connection was fine, then one day I didn't get internet on the PC. After connecting the PC directly to the router, the connection was fine. This happens every so often, some days I get internet, some days I don't, resetting every comonent doesn't fix it. When I checked ipconfig, default gateway was blank. Is this a faulty switch or a configuration problem?

Solution
See if the cables running from the switch to the PC as well as the routers, when changed causes the issue to resolve. Also, considering this is at work, you should contact your network administrator in order to see what's up with the hardware. You don't want to be fiddling around the wrong end without authorization, unless you are the network admin.

Lutfij

Titan
See if the cables running from the switch to the PC as well as the routers, when changed causes the issue to resolve. Also, considering this is at work, you should contact your network administrator in order to see what's up with the hardware. You don't want to be fiddling around the wrong end without authorization, unless you are the network admin.

Solution