Computex 2013: Motherboards, Peripherals, And Mobility

Status
Not open for further replies.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
"Surprise, it runs Android"

What's the surprise? All intel-based phones run Android...in fact, Intel explicitly expressed a lack of desire to enter the WP market for the time being.

And the K900's launched in India too, now.

I'd be interested to know how MSI runs their OC line cooling test. A 4.6GHz CPU will need some kind of active cooling, and that cooler will at least partially induct some airflow over the VRM. Or do they just simulate the CPU with a current draw? And speaking of VRM, I thought Haswell brought the VRM into the CPU, so what do these massive 20 phase VRMs do?

laststop311

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2010
28 watt iris 5100 ultrabook chips increases the bloodflow to certain parts of my body. You can pretty much do very very good 768p casual gaming on the iris 5100. This will make some for really really thin and sexy laptops.

How is this for a mind blower The Asus Zenbook infinity is so super sexy looking. Now the iris pro is only on standard voltage so I know we won't see that but the ultrabook level cpu's do have HD IRIS 5100 support Now since 2560x1440 is double 1280x720 should be able to game at 1280x720 with perfect scaling just much better clarity. And The Iris Pro 5100 (especially if you keep cpu stock and use all your tdp headroom to OC the graphics) it will be able to run pretty much any game with many on high setting and med high) at a relatively easy 1280x720 resolution.

That new infinity may even be a decently fun casual gamer machine too. I'm freaking in love. I need to marry it already.

8350rocks

Distinguished
Meh, some of the gigabyte stuff was cool...not much love for AMD oriented products this time though. I like the direction MSI is going, if they can get that product out...I would consider it for my next build.

Status
Not open for further replies.